Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
RenoCarolina

Two panthers on Amazing Race

You know what? I don't hate DeAngelo Williams. He was an excellent running back during his time here and was pretty much a model Panther up until the death of his Mom, someone who had been very dear to him. It was DeAngelo and his Mom that are directly responsible for the NFL's Breast Cancer Awareness activities, and that's a really big deal.

None of us know what happened, but apparently Williams felt like the organization treated him poorly when his mom died. I don't know what happened, what was said, what didn't happen or wasn't said, and neither does anyone else that wasn't directly involved in the situation. I do know that grief can make people say the wrong things or take things the wrong way or just make them terribly vulnerable to even the slightest of slights. Or perhaps David Gettleman was all "bup, bup, bup" about the whole thing and just broke the guy's heart.

Either way, I still don't think he deserves the hate the guy gets on this board. Honestly, I like the guy and he had some great games here. He and Stew and Barnidge were quite the trio outside of the games, too and a lot of fun. Good luck to him and Gary in the Amazing Race.

• Pie 6

I don't see it the same way.  Never thought of it as hate, just a collective "done with the drama" from both players and fans.  Something D-Will himself could not do as he seemed compelled to put down the Panthers at every opportunity while he had a microphone.

I will always appreciate him and think of him as a great ex-Panther.  But the list of slights this man has is exhausting.

• Pie 1

Obligatory fug YOU to Me-Angelo Williams. Bum ass. 

• Pie 1

if they lose he's gonna go on talk shows and say gary never showed up 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Obligatory fug YOU to Me-Angelo Williams. Bum ass. 

What a lot of huddlers don't know is melow was an azzhole from the beginning, he was self absorbed and used to cut through the trees at training camp to avoid any fan contact.

DeAngelo Williams’s 2008 season is right up there with McCaffrey’s 2019 season. Williams and Smith carried Carolina to 12 wins that year.

4 minutes ago, Car123 said:

DeAngelo Williams’s 2008 season is right up there with McCaffrey’s 2019 season. Williams and Smith carried Carolina to 12 wins that year.

Stewart added anther 850 yards and 10TDs the real hero was the oline.. best run blocking line in Panthers history for sure Gross-Wharton-Kalil-Otah

5 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

You know what? I don't hate DeAngelo Williams. He was an excellent running back during his time here and was pretty much a model Panther up until the death of his Mom, someone who had been very dear to him. It was DeAngelo and his Mom that are directly responsible for the NFL's Breast Cancer Awareness activities, and that's a really big deal.

None of us know what happened, but apparently Williams felt like the organization treated him poorly when his mom died. I don't know what happened, what was said, what didn't happen or wasn't said, and neither does anyone else that wasn't directly involved in the situation. I do know that grief can make people say the wrong things or take things the wrong way or just make them terribly vulnerable to even the slightest of slights. Or perhaps David Gettleman was all "bup, bup, bup" about the whole thing and just broke the guy's heart.

Either way, I still don't think he deserves the hate the guy gets on this board. Honestly, I like the guy and he had some great games here. He and Stew and Barnidge were quite the trio outside of the games, too and a lot of fun. Good luck to him and Gary in the Amazing Race.

Kinda where I'm at. Maybe DeAngelo is an asshole through and through, I don't know. I never met the guy. All I know is that there was definitely a stark change from the outside looking in after his mom passed.

• Pie 1

They gave Olsen the private plane treatment when one of his children were sick. Deangelo mother passed and they did nothing . I would be pissed too .

11 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

They gave Olsen the private plane treatment when one of his children were sick. Deangelo mother passed and they did nothing . I would be pissed too .

It wasn't the team that helped Olsen. It was Jerry Richardson. You also can't blame the Panthers for his teammates not showing up to his mom's funeral.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kinda where I'm at. Maybe DeAngelo is an asshole through and through, I don't know. I never met the guy. All I know is that there was definitely a stark change from the outside looking in after his mom passed.

Stories about him being an ass and his teammates disliking him came out well before his mom passed away.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It wasn't the team that helped Olsen. It was Jerry Richardson. You also can't blame the Panthers for his teammates not showing up to his mom's funeral.

Stories about him being an ass and his teammates disliking him came out well before his mom passed away.

Jerry Richardson was the team(owner) what do you mean? 

12 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Eh. The same could be said for Kelvin Benjamin but I don't see anyone coming to his defense. Deangelo chose to distance himself from the organization and got his wish. 

15 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

As a player, he was one of the most enjoyable players to watch in Panthers history during his prime. Heard plenty of rumors about him not being liked by the players. Then I saw him making the TV rounds, and finally saw him on Good Morning Football and I get it. He was probably a giant asshole.

• Pie 1

Can we stop referring to Williams as a Panther? He doesn’t deserve to be recognized as a former member of this organization.