Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
Varking

Stat Correction: Teddy Most Accurate

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

My God man, seriously WTF is up with trolling Teddy? He’s 6th in total passing yds, tops in competition percentage and top 10 QBR. Yes, hitting your checkdown guy raises your completion percentage, but if you can get 5 yds why wouldn’t you take it?
 

And it's not really a check down if the play is designed that way. 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

accuracy is arguably the most important trait in a QB

Pie (but I think you copied off one of my posts).

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

And it's not really a check down if the play is designed that way. 

Today's group of geniuses would label joe montana a drink and dunk qb.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teddy isn't perfect (but IDK the QB that is), but he is accurate. That can't be downplayed. Teddy also largely takes what the defense gives him and is becoming more and more efficient with each passing week (pun kinda intended). He's not checking it down because he can't throw deep, he's getting the ball quicker to his receiver than we've become accustomed to--and accurately--because that's what allows the reciever to maximize yards after the catch, or simply move the chains. This shouldn't be downplayed, or turned into something it's not. Teddy doesn't have the strongest arm, but it's not exactly a noodle arm either. There is a method to out madness, and it relies on accuracy, putting your skill players in the best situations to succeed, and methodically moving the ball down the field, taking the path of least resistance. 

He's like Pac-Man out there, but even Pac-Man's gonna hit that bonus when the circumstances allow it.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Today's group of geniuses would label joe montana a drink and dunk qb.

That's the definition of the West Coast offense though, and Montana was masterful at it. Check out SF's defensive finishes, both points and yards, during that time - rightmost columns in the screenshot below. This is entirely consistent with the take that this type of offense requires elite defense to win. San Fran had that for basically the entire decade Montana was QB. That's very tough to do. Playing with Rice, Taylor, Craig, Clark, and a few HoFers on defense sure didn't hurt either.

I'm not arguing that Montana wasn't great - he was. I will argue that today's NFL is a different landscape and as of today, with the current body of work, Carolina will require a similarly-elite defense to win with Teddy. All QBs and offenses benefit from defense but proof is still pending that Teddy in this offense can beat, or at least rack up points against elite NFL competition.

X-factor here is the coaching since you never know who you will face in the playoffs. Many Super Bowl winners have top-ranked offense and defense with different strengths. There will be a team at some point that can mitigate Carolina's current strengths and that's the unknown - does Teddy have the dynamics to overcome it? Time will tell and it's not unreasonable to wonder.

Screenshot_20201016-063017.png

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I'm not arguing that Montana wasn't great - he was. I will argue that today's NFL is a different landscape and as of today, with the current body of work, Carolina will require a similarly-elite defense to win with Teddy. All QBs and offenses benefit from defense but proof is still pending that Teddy in this offense can beat, or at least rack up points against elite NFL competition.

Screenshot_20201016-063017.png

Honestly, most champions have good defenses, that's neither here nor there, but that's outside of Teddy's control. As for seeing him do his thing against "elite NFL competition", patience, my man, patience.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, weyco2000 said:

My God man, seriously WTF is up with trolling Teddy? He’s 6th in total passing yds, tops in competition percentage and top 10 QBR. Yes, hitting your checkdown guy raises your completion percentage, but if you can get 5 yds why wouldn’t you take it?
 

I’m literally the person who posted this thread about Teddy being number one in accuracy and I’m trolling him? 

  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, most champions have good defenses, that's neither here nor there, but that's outside of Teddy's control. As for seeing him do his thing against "elite NFL competition", patience, my man, patience.

You may have missed my edit but I addressed those exact points in the third paragraph. I have my current opinion on Teddy but am totally open to the possibility that I'm wrong if/when the time comes. The best teams are the ones who can win the most ways and it's such a fluid combination of players and coaching to do so. 

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Varking said:

I’m literally the person who posted this thread about Teddy being number one in accuracy and I’m trolling him? 

You know, like casting a lure in the water and waiting for a bite.

troll fraud GIF

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weyco2000 said:

You know, like casting a lure in the water and waiting for a bite.

troll fraud GIF

Do you also believe 9/11 was an inside job? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

AIR YARDS PER COMPLETION 

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Edit: Not going to do personal attacks. I’m 33, you are approaching 60. We are too old for this. 

Edited by Varking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, Varking said:

Edit: Not going to do personal attacks. I’m 33, you are approaching 60. We are too old for this. 

I’m 55, so I guess I’m approaching 60. I’d like to say I’ll be 56 next month.... lol!! 
But you’re right, let’s leave well enough alone.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...