Sources: Jets looking to trade quinnen williams

21 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Not fake at all Google him.

Screenshot_20201015-174356_Chrome.jpg

This was the starter "source"that people ran with

Edited by ncfan
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think they'll just want draft assets. Looks like they're in full on rebuild mode.

Is it really a rebuild if you are a full on dumpster fire? 

So wait? The entire rumor is fake? I already added him to my Madden team....

Pepe The Frog Transparent PNG | PNG Mart

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Is it really a rebuild if you are a full on dumpster fire? 

I need to jet emblem track on this gif

speeding on fire GIF

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I don’t think people comprehend what a real life non madden rebuild is. You don’t just trade everyone away slinging players around for picks unless you get offered some ridiculous deal, which has happened,  but it’s rare. All it means is cut the fat - older players, inflated contracts, possibly scheme players....but you certainly wouldn’t cut or trade this kind of investment at 23 years old in order to ‘rebuild’ unless there is more to it or like I said you can rob someone.

As with CMC it does not make any sense trading a 23 year old with talent for a pick you hope to draft a different 22/23 year old with talent.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

He has been horrendous thus far. Maybe a change of scenery would help, but I would not be willing to part with good draft capital to find out. 

• Beer 1

That teams have called and asked about him is probably true.

It doesn't necessarily follow that they're looking to trade him though. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That teams have called and asked about him is probably true.

It doesn't necessarily follow that they're looking to trade him though. 

This is what I believe the situation is.

Remember the whole thing with them taking calls on Jamal Adams last year? They took calls on him and didn’t trade him. They finally did this year when he became a supreme malcontent and the Seahawks offered two 1sts, a 3rd and a replacement Safety.

He’s not getting dumped for cheap. Not saying it needs to be an Adams like offer but you’re crazy if you think it will only take a 2nd or 3rd.

Edited by Bartin
  • Pie 1

Yeah I dout its cheap as well. And that's what this is nothing hard on confirmed... just rumors. But I wouldnt mind inquiring about him as well. I haven't been following him since after he was drafted..how has he played?

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

Yeah I dout its cheap as well. And that's what this is nothing hard on confirmed... just rumors. But I wouldnt mind inquiring about him as well. I haven't been following him since after he was drafted..how has he played?

Mostly bad but has had 3-4 games where he has flashed what he was supposed to be coming out.

• Pie 1

I firmly believe that no player should ever be in the realm of "we wont even consider trading".  There is a price on everyone.  Bad teams are often targeted by good teams partway into the season to see if they can pick up a piece for a super bowl push.  So yeah, I am certain the Jets are listening to offers.  I just doubt they pull the trigger until someone overpays.  A guy this early on his rookie deal will be expensive.  More than 1 team will chalk up his lack of production to "well, he is on the Jets".

I wouldn't mind Williams on the Panthers.  But I wouldn't want to pay the price I feel would be needed to land him.

Edited by Tepper's Chest Hair
  • Pie 1

That's insane there's no way they'd fire sale him and if they did a contending team would trade a first for sure. If he were in the most recent draft class he'd be taken before Derrick Brown. 

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

He has been horrendous thus far. Maybe a change of scenery would help, but I would not be willing to part with good draft capital to find out. 

TF..... this man has been by far their best player on that defense and the Jets are literally a dumpster right now. Quinnnen needs coaching and positive influences in his life. He has not got this in NY, this has effected his play and has led to off the field issues.... you are correct he needs a change of scenery bad, but the talent is there.

I wouldnt mind it, we would basically have a full d line all on rookie contracts for the next couple years.

Burns 

Brown

Williams 

YGM

Jesus christ....as a matter of fact.....DO IT.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 1