Carolina Huddle
ladypanther

These high ankle sprains....

....are killing us.  I have not checked...are other teams experiencing this injury too?  Does the lack of OTA's, shortened training camps, no preseason to acclimate make this more likely?  Do we have a training issue? Is something missing?  I found this..

The best way to avoid this injury is continual performance training for strength and flexibility, including appropriate stretching exercises (especially just prior to playing sports).

https://www.hss.edu/conditions_high-ankle-sprain-whats-different.asp

Or are we just having a run of bad luck?  I am looking for you guys who are super athletes yourself to weigh in.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think injuries are up across the board this year and we’ve just gotten unlucky with a couple high ankle sprains. Just random that it’s the same injury.

Other teams getting "achilles rupture" or "acl gone".

Honestly between covid and the other injuries teams are getting..we are doing pretty good.  IR report for some of these teams out here is insane.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 5
  • Flames 1

stays in shape person athlete type here, i do stuff where i can get hurt, but not like football.   i would probably be dead within 1 series of nfl football so i have no idea how they do it at all

I think it's just unfortunate injuries. These guys are literally paid to eat and workout for a living nearly 24/7. They will be conditioned whether they played preseason or not.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I think injuries are up across the board this year and we’ve just gotten unlucky with a couple high ankle sprains. Just random that it’s the same injury.

Bound to happen...limited camp, no preseason....will likely get worse late in the season

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

We've had 2. That doesn't seem too excessive.

3.....nevermind.

Just for my information who was the third? Cmc, Matos and who else? 

Thanks in advance! 

FYI you’ll  be hard pressed to find an article presenting high level of evidence for a stretching regimen to avoid injury in general let alone this particular injury. 

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

I am looking for you guys who are super athletes yourself to weigh in.

You know you’re talking to The Huddle right ?

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

You know you’re talking to The Huddle right ?

See below.

Just now, ladypanther said:

1) Just trying to pump people up

2)Sarcasm

You decide.

11 hours ago, t96 said:

I think it has to do with our warmup regiment in part. Djax clearly has issues with his ankle even though its listed as toe. Davis came up early last game grabbing his lower leg ankle area too until they worked it out. Training staff probably just needs to put a little more emphasis on getting lose before the games.