Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Hugo

Our next quarterback

Is this the huddle legend Chuck 

21 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Sam Howell - future NFL MVP

Just saying that because he is a local kid?

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Just saying that because he is a local kid?

I'm definitely not a UNC Homer but I like Sam Howell.

I like Sam Ehlinger out of Texas too.

Here we are talking about getting a franchise QB and to win in this league you need one.  I'm not sold one way or the other whether Teddy is or isn't the answer.  I was on the bandwagon to keep Cam but we chose to go a different way.  Drafting one is an option but a huge risk because stardom in College does not always transfer well to the NFL. 

Suppose we lose the next couple of games and are clearly out of the playoff picture.  I would be interested in seeing PJ Walker at the helm.  There have been instances where QBs from lower level leagues (Arena Warner and NFL-Europe Delhomme) have shown they can win in this league.

Give him or even Grier the opportunity to start and see what they have learned.  Can they run the offense?  I think we need someone like TB but someone who can stretch the field, something Teddy doesn't seem to be able to do. 

Walker was brought here by Rhule because of their association at Temple.  Giving him the opportunity doesn't mean our team won't try to win but at least we know one way or the other whether our backup QBs are NFL Caliber backups. 

If none of our QBs have the ability to get us to the next level.  Draft, trade or claim one.  

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

Teddys a great qb but every position that we are not the best or top 5 we should always look to get better . Either a rookie or bring in someone next season with low risk high reward like Darnold 

Teddy will be our QB next year, get used to it.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

31 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He hasnt looked all that good this year

I'd take Sam Howell over Teddy Bridgewater RIGHT NOW. No questions asked. No hesitation.

38 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He hasnt looked all that good this year

You must be blind 

25 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

You must be blind 

I have watched the Cuse and FSU game. 

Tell me what I am missing here.  1100 yards 64% 9td 4int

I am not saying he sucks but from what i have seen and looking at his stats he isnt better than Trevor as you have mentioned in the past.  Sometimes its helps to take off blinders no matter what team  you pull for.

Probably need to go ahead and add Zach Wilson to the list,  he looks legit.

Let’s see if Teddy bounces back this week before giving away next years entire draft to get a great college QB that has never played a down in the NFL  I don’t see the Packers benching Rodgers this week for Love. He played much worse against the Bucs then Teddy did against the Bears. 

1 minute ago, gakonline said:

Let’s see if Teddy bounces back this week before giving away next years entire draft to get a great college QB that has never played a down in the NFL  I don’t see the Packers benching Rodgers this week for Love. He played much worse against the Bucs then Teddy did against the Bears. 

Are we really comparing Teddy Bridgewater to Aaron Rodgers?

We were all over Herbert in the draft and Teddy's contract screams stopgap. I think it's almost certain that's the case. Teddy was signed to be our QB for right now. I don't think he was ever considered the long-term solution.

• Pie 2

I say we take a hard look at Jameis Winston I'd love to have him represent this organization like he did in Tampa.