Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Proudiddy

Rhule is PISSED

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Watching it live, it appeared they got instant pressure up the middle and sent extra guys hard off each edge.

If you know they're bringing pressure, which they typically always have in those situations, you gotta have a hot read or a quick outlet setup.  With them sending extra guys, you got to scheme someone open quick...  it looked to me, like Brady called something long-developing, the blocking failed, and that's why Teddy had nowhere to go.

They had a delayed DL that was a big boy that completely obliterated Davis into Bridgewater, with all go routes like I said. That is a recipe for disaster and completely on the coaches.

Def watch the replay. All the route were long developing go routes and Davis was killed into Bridgewater who was trying to step up in his pocket. There is no way he can be blamed and he couldn't just throw the ball away anywhere.

Edited by Harbingers

Probably every Panther fan watching that collectively said “you cant take the fuggin sack there Teddy!”  You just cant but its on the team not just Teddy.

• Pie 2

Our defense, injury depleted, and incredibly young, could not get Drew Brees off the field. 

Facts. 

• Pie 1

Imagine if they had Thomas and Sanders lol

Just now, Zaximus said:

...nah. I'd really rather not. 

• Beer 1

I like Mike Davis a lot but his blocking leaves much to be desired. If CMC had been on that block teddy probably would have bombed one to the end zone there. Just another reason why CMC is indispensable. 

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

not sure it would have made a damn bit of difference lol we couldn't stop them as it was.

Just now, Zaximus said:

Honestly, i said it elsewhere, but I really don't think the receivers matter in their system.  Payton and Brees are what makes it work.  Guys like Colston and Thomas would not be half the players they have been and are elsewhere...  their scheme is impeccable and Brees anticipation for where and when to throw it is otherworldly.  That's why I really didn't care about them missing Sanders and Thomas.  They might just make more happen after the catch, but the issue against NO is not being able to stop them completing the passes in the first place.

• Pie 4

17 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I don't see how that sack is on Teddy.  We've all seen our QBs thru the years dancing around and run backwards and take a huge sack when we can't afford to, but the pressure came off the side instantly and when he tried to step up Davis lost his block (hard to ask a RB to block a DL, anyway), and that is when the play ended.  I'll need to see a replay of it... perhaps he had more time than it seemed.

We've all seen playcalls where the ball is out immediately after the snap.  Surprised that wasn't the call.

Teddy is the last guy to be responsible for that sack.  He literally had 1 second to throw.  I was surprised that Brady didn’t call a screen or draw there just to gain 5-7 yards.  I get that Rhule is pissed.  But maybe instead of being pissed at a player he should be pissed at his OC

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Teddy is the last guy to be responsible for that sack.  He literally had 1 second to throw.  I was surprised that Brady didn’t call a screen or draw there just to gain 5-7 yards.  I get that Rhule is pissed.  But maybe instead of being pissed at a player he should be pissed at his OC

Or himself?

The sack itself wasn’t all on teddy but it seemed like he could have lost fewer yards if he hadn’t kept backing up. The line just got overwhelmed, if that had been recognized quicker we could have lost fewer yards. But I’ve seen teddy and other qbs squirt out of that and save the play, so if that’s what he was trying to do I can accept that. But just backing up and giving away yards because you’re lost and incapable of assessing the situation is not (if that’s what happened).

I certainly don’t blame teddy for this loss. It was a good game. I blame the Saints. 

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

The sack itself wasn’t all on teddy but it seemed like he could have lost fewer yards if he hadn’t kept backing up. The line just got overwhelmed, if that had been recognized quicker we could have lost fewer yards. But I’ve seen teddy and other qbs squirt out of that and save the play, so if that’s what he was trying to do I can accept that. But just backing up and giving away yards because you’re lost and incapable of assessing the situation is not (if that’s what happened).

I certainly don’t blame teddy for this loss. It was a good game. I blame the Saints. 

He didn't keep backing up he was trying to step up in his pocket to launch a pass when Davis was mauled into him by #92.

In fact he gained 4 yards back or so after his original drop back.

Edited by Harbingers

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Or himself?

Well I’m not sure if all calls come through him or not.  If so, then yea.  

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I'll have to go back and watch it again, but he definitely didn't seem to be happy with what led up to it...  he kept emphasizing the FG attempt was not what he wanted and it "wasn't ideal."  He also specifically said they didn't have any high percentage plays for 4th and 17.  So, it was highly implied that he wasn't happy with the plays leading up to the FG.  Nor should he be.  Brady and the offense poo the bed.

13 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

They had a delayed DL that was a big boy that completely obliterated Davis into Bridgewater, with all go routes like I said. That is a recipe for disaster and completely on the coaches.

Def watch the replay. All the route were long developing go routes and Davis was killed into Bridgewater who was trying to step up in his pocket. There is no way he can be blamed and he couldn't just throw the ball away anywhere.

By gawd, that's Mike Shula's music!

Bad call by Brady at the worst time. Even Kyle S. and McVay have head scratcher moments.

Hopefully he'll improve. He called some great plays in the redzone today so there is progress.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I'll have to go back and watch it again, but he definitely didn't seem to be happy with what led up to it...  he kept emphasizing the FG attempt was not what he wanted and it "wasn't ideal."  He also specifically said they didn't have any high percentage plays for 4th and 17.  So, it was highly implied that he wasn't happy with the plays leading up to the FG.  Nor should he be.  Brady and the offense poo the bed.

Makes sense.  What I do like is that he used analytics to make the call.  The FG was the higher % play there. And heck it almost worked.