Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
AceBoogie

All of you were right about Cam

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

But how good could he have been in the right hands?

Let me frame it to you as a yes or no question. We get the number one pick next year and we use it on Trevor Lawrence, but Joe Brady has moved on to a head coaching job.

Would you reach out to Mike Shula and /or Ken Dorsey to offer them the opportunity to develop Lawrence?

Of course...that understandable but a top pick QB rarely walks into a great situation.  If Lawrence goes to the Jets and is an MVP...is he a Hall of Fame caliber player?

Cam is the best player this franchise has seen and I really hope some player bests him,  he was amazing here.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

Just now, Shocker said:

Of course...that understandable but a top pick QB rarely walks into a great situation.  If Lawrence goes to the Jets and is an MVP...is he a Hall of Fame caliber player?

Based on his just being an MVP, no. It'd take way more than that.

• Pie 1

IF we would have won the SB instead of just SB appearance I think Cam gets in. As it is now he wont'...the thing is he should have been an easy lock to make it but we had a nice combo of worst owner, OC, and least adaptable coach.

The Panthers north look superior and that was clearly the HC/GM combo we should have had but the owner was our first/main issue he's the one who setup all the nonsense and is the reason we had people like Hurney/Shula.

• Pie 1

Potential HOF former Panthers 

Locks 

1. J. Peppers

2. Luke Keuchly 

Will get in at some point 

Steve Smith Sr

Long Shot at this point 

Cam Newton

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Totally appreciate the discussion 

Just for the record, while I bring him up as an example, I'm not the world's biggest Trevor Lawrence fan. Just not absolutely convinced he'll be a great pro. Some great college quarterbacks don't make that leap.

Mind you, I'm not convinced he'll be bad either. I just don't know that he's going to be as good as a lot of people are projecting him to be.

I'm not likely to get a lot of other people to join me in that take but hey...

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Potential HOF former Panthers 

Locks 

1. J. Peppers

2. Luke Keuchly 

Will get in at some point 

Steve Smith Sr

Long Shot at this point 

Cam Newton

The best player of those guys is without question Cam Newton.   lol

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Just for the record, well I bring him up as an example, I'm not the world's biggest Trevor Lawrence fan. I'm not absolutely convinced he'll be a great pro. Some great college quarterbacks just don't make that leap.

Mind you, I'm not convinced he'll be bad either. I just don't know that he's going to be as good as a lot of people are projecting him to be.

I'm not likely to get a lot of other people to join me in that take but hey...

Man, any of these guys getting pick top 3 are set up to fail.  Daniel Jones literally had no shot.  He is a good player...but in NY?  Jeez...way to much pressure.

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man, any of these guys getting pick top 3 are set up to fail.  Daniel Jones literally had no shot.  He is a good player...but in NY?  Jeez...way to much pressure.

Yeah, guys that girl number one are almost always going into bed situations. The exception would be if your team has at least been smart enough to hire a good head coach or GM just start the process of rebuilding.

Of course, some teams hire Mike McCarthy instead.

20 minutes ago, Shocker said:

By positional value? Absolutely. Compared to their own postion? Nope. 

I know critical thinking can be tough...  

Match the following players to the number of all pro seasons they have.

1. Julius Peppers

2. Steve Smith SR

3. Cam Newton

4.Luke Kuechly 

A. 7

B. 6

C. 1

D. 3

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Lets look at Daniel Jones.  No WRs...No OL...Saquan out for the year.  Also, defense is bad all around.   He has no shot.

3 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

It’s the same since next gen stats were being kept, even in 2016 cam still favored the middle and left side of the field moreso than the right, or I didn’t see more throws to the right back then, than I do now. 2017 he played fine, I don’t recall his shoulder being an issue except for the beginning of the season since he missed time in the offseason putting him behind. 

I remember the throw in the playoff game to Funches that looked like a wounded duck.  And him not completing a pass for more than 30 yards in the air the second half of the season.  All I am saying is Cam"s body has not been right for a while 

9 minutes ago, bababoey said:

I remember the throw in the playoff game to Funches that looked like a wounded duck.  And him not completing a pass for more than 30 yards in the air the second half of the season.  All I am saying is Cam"s body has not been right for a while 

You can’t be referring to the Saints playoff game in 2017, he was cooking. And the pass to funchess that was in the perfect place that funchess botched ? 

now if you’re saying he hasn’t been right since the chargers game in 2016 than that’s a better argument, I just don’t see it IMO 

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

You can’t be referring to the Saints playoff game in 2017, he was cooking. And the pass to funchess that was in the perfect place that funchess botched ? 

now if you’re saying he hasn’t been right since the chargers game in 2016 than that’s a better argument, I just don’t see it IMO 

Absolutely cooking that game. Hit Kaelin Cole on a dime on opening drive in the EZ that he dropped. Gano shanking FG/XP and Funchess dropping the go ahead were the only reasons we lost. Cam was on fire.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 4

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Between them they have been selected 1st or 2nd Team All-Pro 17 times...any idea on how many selections each has?

I think Cam still has some gas left in the tank and am not counting him out yet.

(edit:  question was posed before seeing TTT22's similar question above)

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

I find it funny that in this thread, Cam is getting the benefit of the doubt by some and want to let his season play out. But they won't do the same for the QB of their very own team, already writing him off. Pathetic.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 4
  • Poo 1