Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
bLACKpANTHER

Wiseman won't make it to #3

12 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

I hope that’s the case. But, we haven’t had a pick this high since Cody Zeller at 4 in 2013. Getting the #3 pick this year could make MJ act stupid. We would be right back to we’re we are now as a franchise if we trade our 2021 1st rounder protected or not. And, I really don’t want to trade away Miles or Monk to Move up a spot or two. We need to trade our old guys like Zeller and Batum. Even a Terry Rozier, but not the young core. 

I concur completely. Keep the young guys, get rid of who else you want to get rid of. Pretty simple. 

1 hour ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I concur completely. Keep the young guys, get rid of who else you want to get rid of. Pretty simple. 

If we want to trade up with GSW, why not do something like this: Charlotte gets #2 pick and take over Andrew Wiggins’ contract. GSW gets #3 pick, Terry Rozier and Cody Zeller. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

If we want to trade up with GSW, why not do something like this: Charlotte gets #2 pick and take over Andrew Wiggins’ contract. GSW gets #3 pick, Terry Rozier and Cody Zeller. 

They get a Veteran Center that can hit the spot up jumper, and a stellar backup for Curry/Thompson off the bench, absolutely. Will they go for it? Probably not. But, it helps them compete with the Lakers right away. 

2 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

They get a Veteran Center that can hit the spot up jumper, and a stellar backup for Curry/Thompson off the bench, absolutely. Will they go for it? Probably not. But, it helps them compete with the Lakers right away. 

Cody and Rozier would be huge pickups for GSW. I’ve seen rumors having the Warriors and Pelicans swapping their 1st round pick in exchange for Jrue Holiday. Rozier is pretty much a younger and cheaper Jrue Holiday. Zeller’s contract expires after next season. Rozier has two years left. Those are better than Wiggins. 

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

Cody and Rozier would be huge pickups for GSW. I’ve seen rumors having the Warriors and Pelicans swapping their 1st round pick in exchange for Jrue Holiday. Rozier is pretty much a younger and cheaper Jrue Holiday. Zeller’s contract expires after next season. Rozier has two years left. Those are better than Wiggins. 

Yep. And we get our starting SG, and a starting Center in the process. Splendid. 

4 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Yep. And we get our starting SG, and a starting Center in the process. Splendid. 

Graham, Wiggins/Monk, Bridges, Washington and Wiseman would be a fun young team to root for. I would imagine that jersey sales would be off the roof for Jordan. And might still put us in the lottery next year which would be a good thing.

• Beer 1

On 11/5/2020 at 12:45 PM, nctarheelreincarnated said:

BR just put out their Mock Draft. Minny goes for Ball with the first pick, which is fascinating. While GS goes for Weisman. 

Would love this, I am sold on Edwards being the best player in this draft. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, t96 said:

Would love this, I am sold on Edwards being the best player in this draft. 

I’d be extremely happy if we could get Edwards or Wiseman. If I have to put my money on someone, I would go with Obi Toppin as the being the best player in this draft. 

8 hours ago, TikTOK said:

I’d be extremely happy if we could get Edwards or Wiseman. If I have to put my money on someone, I would go with Obi Toppin as the being the best player in this draft. 

Could totally see Toppin being the best as well.  He is really skilled offensively and if plays defense there really isn't much he cant do.  He is really good albeit a little older but barring injury he will be good.

I have looked at all the prospects quite a bit at this point and I really like Edwards but I have settled on the fact that this guy is the best player in the draft.  Dude is like Chris Webber and I just love his intensity.  If he improves his jump shot he will be a superstar.  Great defender out of the gate as well.  He is also a great fit with this team.  I would just take Okongwu.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Could totally see Toppin being the best as well.  He is really skilled offensively and if plays defense there really isn't much he cant do.  He is really good albeit a little older but barring injury he will be good.

Toppin reminds me a little of Draymond Green. One of those older players coming out of college that the scouts, GMs and fans think that he has hit the ceiling. 

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I have looked at all the prospects quite a bit at this point and I really like Edwards but I have settled on the fact that this guy is the best player in the draft.  Dude is like Chris Webber and I just love his intensity.  If he improves his jump shot he will be a superstar.  Great defender out of the gate as well.  He is also a great fit with this team.  I would just take Okongwu.

Big fan of Okongwu as well. I would just love to see this team be able to take advantage of other teams. Trade down, add some assets in 2020 or 2021 and still get Okongwu. That’s what the great franchises do. Know where the players are ranked and take them where they are supposed to be taken. We could’ve robbed the Celtics back in 2015. My only concern with Okongwu is that I don’t want Jordan to just take the kid and believe that he’s getting the next Bam Adebayo. That scares the crap out of me. Also, I’m not so sure that Okongwu is a legit 6’9” big man. We’d still be a pretty small team. Okongwu would be a better PF than Center. Now, you’d have to move PJ to SF and Miles to SG. Not sure that’ll work out well. 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, TikTOK said:

Big fan of Okongwu as well. I would just love to see this team be able to take advantage of other teams. Trade down, add some assets in 2020 or 2021 and still get Okongwu. That’s what the great franchises do. Know where the players are ranked and take them where they are supposed to be taken. We could’ve robbed the Celtics back in 2015. My only concern with Okongwu is that I don’t want Jordan to just take the kid and believe that he’s getting the next Bam Adebayo. That scares the crap out of me. Also, I’m not so sure that Okongwu is a legit 6’9” big man. We’d still be a pretty small team. Okongwu would be a better PF than Center. Now, you’d have to move PJ to SF and Miles to SG. Not sure that’ll work out well. 

That is certainly true, although traditional Centers are not quite where league appears to be going.  Anyway the draft should be awesome this year.  Looking forward to it big time.

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

That is certainly true, although traditional Centers are not quite where league appears to be going.  Anyway the draft should be awesome this year.  Looking forward to it big time.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/29861481/nba-draft-2020-perfect-picks-every-team-first-round

Got us picking ole dude from USC over Edwards. Not sure how I feel about that. But, oh well. 

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/29861481/nba-draft-2020-perfect-picks-every-team-first-round

Got us picking ole dude from USC over Edwards. Not sure how I feel about that. But, oh well. 

Yeah that would be an amazingly difficult choice.  Either one for me but we need a big so Okongwu fits well.  Not to mention I am not ready to give up on Monk yet. 

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Yeah that would be an amazingly difficult choice.  Either one for me but we need a big so Okongwu fits well.  Not to mention I am not ready to give up on Monk yet. 

I don't think Monk is starter quality at this point. I do think however Edwards is. 

He compares him to Donovan Mitchell, while comparing ole dude from USC to Bam Adeybeyo. Hmmmmmmmm

• Pie 1