Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
exactlyzack

CMC designated to return from IR

Hey guys. Didn’t see it posted yet, but just saw the Panthers share on Facebook that CMC has been designated to return from IR today. Just wanted to share!

Well, looks like he's playing. If he's ready, great. No reason to hold him out. I just hope we're not rushing him back too soon, especially with what amounts to a mini bye week with the 10 day rest following Thursday's game.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, looks like he's playing. If he's ready, great. No reason to hold him out. I just hope we're not rushing him back too soon, especially with what amounts to a mini bye week with the 10 day rest following Thursday's game.

He wore red jersey today though :/. David Newton thinks he isn’t playing. 

• Pie 1

Nice. Would imagine they just activate him to the roster and hold him out another week.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not necessarily. Pretty sure that we have 3 weeks now to activate him to the roster after designating him to return. He's not actually been activated yet.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He had to be designated to return to even participate in practice so I don’t think this means he is definitely playing. I think this is part gamesmanship to make Atlanta prepare for him and part easing him back.

• Pie 2

Just now, t96 said:

Not necessarily. Pretty sure that we have 3 weeks now to activate him to the roster after designating him to return. He's not actually been activated yet.

Gotcha. I was taking the post for what it said "designated to return from IR today".

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He wore red jersey today though :/. David Newton thinks he isn’t playing. 

He's probably getting reps in on the side. Still could play, depending how he looks. If he practices fully on the side, we could be in for a surprise on Thursday evening. 

I would prefer he not play, but I'm all about some gamesmanship to try to force the Falcons to prepare for him. That's just smart.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

David Newton thinks

C3707599-B048-40D6-89F9-79ADEF692DC1.png

• Pie 6

Looks like he’s playing. Wonder if he will be more of a decoy or an actual part of the game plan 

They have 21 days to put him back on the active roster after being designated to return to practice. I wouldn't assume they are going to rush him back to a game after a few pracitces.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1

I'm thinking whether he plays on Thursday night will depend a lot on the weather. If the field is in bad condition, expect him to be inactive. Or at least, that's the way I'd play it.

This is actually a smart move.  Even if he doesn't play, designating him to return means he COULD play, which means you have to prepare for him.

4 minutes ago, BrianS said:

This is actually a smart move.  Even if he doesn't play, designating him to return means he COULD play, which means you have to prepare for him.

Maybe to an extent. They have to put him on the active roster first. Currently he is just designated to return to practice.

https://www.panthers.com/news/christian-mccaffrey-designated-for-return

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1