Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

nctarheelreincarnated

Shams: Charlotte is looking into getting Westbrook. Also, shoot me.

Recommended Posts



1 hour ago, OldNorthPowell said:

I say no to this. Let the young guys develop. 

Agree. Trading for Russ doesn’t make sense for Graham. I rather take a chance and see if we can get Cade Cunningham next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is literally the last thing you want the hornets to do for a litany of reasons

First and foremost russ is a ball dominant aging star that won't win anything on a team with him as he currently plays

Two we'd be sacrificing our cap

Three this would take away playing time from our young guysp

Four wed be competitive enough to miss the lotto but not enough for the playoffs

Five russ s play style is not meant for longevity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pls God don't let this be true 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SOJA said:

This is literally the last thing you want the hornets to do for a litany of reasons

First and foremost russ is a ball dominant aging star that won't win anything on a team with him as he currently plays

Two we'd be sacrificing our cap

Three this would take away playing time from our young guysp

Four wed be competitive enough to miss the lotto but not enough for the playoffs

Five russ s play style is not meant for longevity 

MJ doesn’t care about building a team long term. He cares about how many tickets he can sell right now. History repeats itself. I pray that Mitch will step in and stop MJ from trying to do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure we offered some low ball offer: Batum + Cody Martin + 2nd. No true assets. If they don't bite - then we keep it moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We couldn’t afford to keep Kemba but we apparently can for Russell? Jordan is an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TikTOK said:

We couldn’t afford to keep Kemba but we apparently can for Russell? Jordan is an idiot.

A year removed from the situation - I am actually glad we have moved on from Kemba. My feelings for him clouded my judgement - You cannot build a deep playoff team with Kemba being the #1 piece.

Seeing him play on a deep playoff run - Celtics had to hide him on defense against the bigger guards and he was picked on - which probably wore him out and made his offense go in a slump. I love love love Kemba still and cheered for the friggin Celtics this past year (bleh) because of him.. But I was enlightened while watching him and realize we might be in a better - Kemba sure is in a better place.. very rare that we both move in a positive direction

 

^^All that to say - we "couldn't afford Kemba" is not accurate.. we gave him a "low offer" so he could reject it, take the high road and go to Free Agency waters and find a championship contender..

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of thoughts...

Loved Westbrook from his last year at UCLA and when he first came into the league, but the more I've watched him over the years, the less I like.  The Rockets net rating was down all year when he was in vs when he was out.  He's just not efficient and his limitations are easily exposed.  So I'm not interested, AT ALL.  I also suspect wherever he ends up, he will wash out into irrelevance pretty quickly, bc it seems the league has caught on too.

I figure Jordan is doing his due diligence with him being a Jordan guy ***WHICH HAS NEVER WORKED OUT IN OUR FAVOR*** and because he is still considered a star which would be good for the bottom line, but O just don't see the appeal.  

Many other reliable sources on Twitter are reporting there actually is no interest from us, and then as I've seen here ITT, Westbrook prolly wants no part of us either.  So, really it amounts to nothing.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

A year removed from the situation - I am actually glad we have moved on from Kemba. My feelings for him clouded my judgement - You cannot build a deep playoff team with Kemba being the #1 piece.

Seeing him play on a deep playoff run - Celtics had to hide him on defense against the bigger guards and he was picked on - which probably wore him out and made his offense go in a slump. I love love love Kemba still and cheered for the friggin Celtics this past year (bleh) because of him.. But I was enlightened while watching him and realize we might be in a better - Kemba sure is in a better place.. very rare that we both move in a positive direction

 

^^All that to say - we "couldn't afford Kemba" is not accurate.. we gave him a "low offer" so he could reject it, take the high road and go to Free Agency waters and find a championship contender..

Yeah, I remember being pretty unhappy about it. But now? I'm very, very, content with us not signing him. He's a piece but not a player you can build around. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TikTOK said:

MJ doesn’t care about building a team long term. He cares about how many tickets he can sell right now.

Which is why this makes even less sense.  With the pandemic, it's gonna be limited capacity, regardless.

 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

A year removed from the situation - I am actually glad we have moved on from Kemba. My feelings for him clouded my judgement - You cannot build a deep playoff team with Kemba being the #1 piece.

Seeing him play on a deep playoff run - Celtics had to hide him on defense against the bigger guards and he was picked on - which probably wore him out and made his offense go in a slump. I love love love Kemba still and cheered for the friggin Celtics this past year (bleh) because of him.. But I was enlightened while watching him and realize we might be in a better - Kemba sure is in a better place.. very rare that we both move in a positive direction

 

^^All that to say - we "couldn't afford Kemba" is not accurate.. we gave him a "low offer" so he could reject it, take the high road and go to Free Agency waters and find a championship contender..

I rather have Kemba who is slightly younger and cheaper than Russell. That’s all I’m saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, djp14 said:

Which is why this makes even less sense.  With the pandemic, it's gonna be limited capacity, regardless.

 

Jersey sales. I do not want Russell in Charlotte but I’m not going to lie. If we have Russell, I’m buying me a jersey, maybe 2 and I will definitely go to some games. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

A year removed from the situation - I am actually glad we have moved on from Kemba. My feelings for him clouded my judgement - You cannot build a deep playoff team with Kemba being the #1 piece.

Seeing him play on a deep playoff run - Celtics had to hide him on defense against the bigger guards and he was picked on - which probably wore him out and made his offense go in a slump. I love love love Kemba still and cheered for the friggin Celtics this past year (bleh) because of him.. But I was enlightened while watching him and realize we might be in a better - Kemba sure is in a better place.. very rare that we both move in a positive direction

 

^^All that to say - we "couldn't afford Kemba" is not accurate.. we gave him a "low offer" so he could reject it, take the high road and go to Free Agency waters and find a championship contender..

Another note on Kemba -- I just read a blurb about the Celtics wanting to acquire Jrue Holiday and they would be looking to send their 1st round picks and Kemba... Interesting that the Celtics would be willing to move on from him so soon, let alone that it seems they're actively looking to upgrade PG after signing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like rumors created just because of Jordan brand.    This always happens.   Like pointed out, it never helps us in any way and Jordan's failure of running a NBA team doesn't help.    Jordan has been the man with many avenues but owner isn't one of them.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, t96 said:

Another note on Kemba -- I just read a blurb about the Celtics wanting to acquire Jrue Holiday and they would be looking to send their 1st round picks and Kemba... Interesting that the Celtics would be willing to move on from him so soon, let alone that it seems they're actively looking to upgrade PG after signing him.

at least their front office see a problem and aren't afraid to try n address it.. we have sat on problems and made excuses for them for years and years.. hopefully under Mitch, things are changing..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...