Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
nctarheelreincarnated

NBA Draft Thread 11/18 8 PM EST ESPN. Post your rumors, picks, opinions, etc here.

51 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Any chance we can get Hayward or is he eyeing a super team to sign with 

Don’t see him coming here. He’s made enough money in his career unlike when he signed with us last time. At this point of his career, I think he would rather go to a contender. If we are target a SG, don’t be surprised if it’s Fred VanVleet who’s still young. 

12 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Windhorst reported on First Take this morning that us and the Knicks are realistic options to sign him and there have been discussions, but he was really hoping to get a sign and trade done with Indy.

11 hours ago, TikTOK said:
12 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Don’t see him coming here. He’s made enough money in his career unlike when he signed with us last time. At this point of his career, I think he would rather go to a contender.

I cannot believe he opted out of a $34 million payday, that's insane!

As for going to "a contender", the Celtics just  won 2 games in the Eastern Conference Finals...where's he gonna go?!?

EDIT:  After thinking about it some I can see where 4-yrs for $100MM total might be more attractive than 1-yr at $34MM...but the press is talking Knicks, they certainly aren't "a contender".

Edited by SizzleBuzz

7 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I cannot believe he opted out of a $34 million payday, that's insane!

As for going to "a contender", the Celtics just  won 2 games in the Eastern Conference Finals...where's he gonna go?!?

EDIT:  After thinking about it some I can see where 4-yrs for $100MM total might be more attractive than 1-yr at $34MM...but the press is talking Knicks, they certainly aren't "a contender".

Ive heard of the Knicks being in play for Gordon. I can see him going to Atlanta who should compete for a Playoffs spot and has about 40 million in cap. Miami has some money. A team out there like Dallas could use Gordon if they can make some moves to free up money. 

Gordon signed a max contract offer here when he was with the Jazz but Utah matched. Maybe he likes being here? Would be a good piece 

1 hour ago, TikTOK said:

A team out there like Dallas could use Gordon if they can make some moves to free up money. 

Dallas would be a GREAT situation.

Knicks are a career killer.

14 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Meh, I mean he is a good player but he will want a huge deal and not sure it is worth it right now.  I would pass. 

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Dallas would be a GREAT situation.

Knicks are a career killer.

I’m now hearing that Gordon could go to the Pacers.

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Gordon signed a max contract offer here when he was with the Jazz but Utah matched. Maybe he likes being here? Would be a good piece 

I mentioned that in my original post. Of course a young Gordon who had not made a lot of money in the NBA at the time was going to sign his signature on a “max contract”. 

Edited by TikTOK

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Windhorst reported on First Take this morning that us and the Knicks are realistic options to sign him and there have been discussions, but he was really hoping to get a sign and trade done with Indy.

I hope it’s either in NY or with Indy. We need one more guy out of next year’s draft before we start signing guys. NY should try to get both Gordon and Russell.