Carolina Huddle

JABANOG

CMC has A/C joint separation in shoulder

Why did we let him back in the game? Definitely shut him down. We are 3-7, in last place in our division with a 1-4 division record and only 1 win ahead of the worst record in the NFC. We have 0 to play for at this point and risking any potential re-injury for next year on any key player is dumb.

I’d say the same for Teddy as well. Time to see if we have a real backup QB or not. Play all the young guys. See what they can do.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Joe Person had indicated that the team had no plans to shut him down, but that was before this.

I'm hoping this changes their minds.

• Beer 3

I had 2 shoulder surgeries in college, and when it happened (check my posts) I knew it was a shoulder--that is the extent of my expertise, but you spend a lot of time in the training room with guys recovering from injuries at various stages of healing.  A shoulder is a ball and socket joint--like a hip (see Jackson, Bo) so it takes longer to heal and you cannot effectively wear a brace to protect it because the range of motion is like a joy stick (for those of you Madden footballers)--so it has to heal before you return or it only gets worse.   Most of you know this, but I learned a lot when I got hurt because I never really thought about it.  No mention of surgery because they are trying rehabbing it first. If it does not heal that way, scoping it is next, then the knife.  I have no idea if this is common knowledge or not, but it does explain why they are not giving this a time table--it is a bit of a different animal, based on my limited experience and knowledge.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 4

Yep, this seems like the ideal opportunity to engage tank mode. We have a injury reasons to shelve our placeholder QB and our superstar RB. Do it. If you plan on targeting a QB, winning another game or two could be devastating.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, this seems like the ideal opportunity to engage tank mode. We have a injury reasons to shelve our placeholder QB and our superstar RB. Do it. If you plan on targeting a QB, winning another game or two could be devastating.

yes---What do you stand to gain?  Lose?  No brainer.  If we were on a playoff track, different story.  However, we are headed for the Meaningless Bowl at the end of the season, when we play the Saints reserves for a moral victory.

Ron Rivera has now ruined 2 off the best players in Panthers history.  Running Cam and Cmac into the ground should be considered criminal. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

At least he got that monster contract just in time, amirite?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Chaos said:

At least he got that monster contract just in time, amirite?

Just shows you how stupid it was.  He was under contract for 2 more years.  It made no sense then and no sense now.  

• Beer 1

Its a rule now you must get injured or lose all drive once you sign a big contact. 

The huddle would hate me as a owner, Im not signing anyone to big money unless they are in this groups positions talent lvl - Russ, Donald, Arod, Jones(chandler and Julio) Mahomes, and 2019 Jackson.  im surly forgetting others but Id sign Qnelson to big money and Id never pay OGs

Edited by Basbear

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Its a rule now you must get injured or lose all drive once you sign a big contact. 

The huddle would hate me as a owner, Im not signing anyone to big money unless they are in this groups positions talent lvl - Russ, Donald, Arod, Jones(chandler and Julio) Mahomes, and 2019 Jackson.  im surly forgetting others but Id sign Qnelson to big money and Id never pay OGs

But but but cmac is a wide receiver 

The contract was a bet that CMC's value would go up with a competent offensive coaching staff.  I'm not sure that is wrong, but his injuries have prevented that from happening.

None the less, I don't hate his contract - I don't think we overpayed, and there are other contracts last offseason to be slightly more miffed about.

There are a lot of players that got paid. Cam sat on the bench for almost 3 years. Hell Olsen went limping in to wine for more money with a bad ankle, was signed then sat on the bench for 2.5 years. KK never should have been paid in the first place but then he was dragged out with a restructure, paid to disappear. M.Kalil is still being paid and he was worse on the field then we was on the bench for two years...this is all recent. R williams signed one yea after an injury for 9 million, sat on the bench. Paradis got signed a HUGE contract and admitted late last year his injury still affects him and his play is suffering because of it...

And they ALL affected the Panthers more then sitting cmc out for the rest of a worthless year. I could go on and on and on...it happens. Injuries happen. Y’all seem to bitch about the money and cap so much, this is very irrelevant to that topic if we really want to get it started.

This isn’t your scraggly 40 year old Cheeto popping huddler posting 14 hours a day ass. He’ll rehab and be fine for next season. Get a grip.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But but but cmac is a wide receiver 

My history shows a clear take on where I was on resigning CMC. Full on No unless its a team discount deal, which its no where close too. Most top contacts dont stay there long, Cook and Karma signed afterwards no where close to toping CMCs 16 million per. I believe the biggest reason was they had to have SOMEONE to be the face of this org and put on posters/tickets/promos etc and the only guy here is CMC. Burns is worth more too...fug Marty Herniay

6 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The contract was a bet that CMC's value would go up with a competent offensive coaching staff.  I'm not sure that is wrong, but his injuries have prevented that from happening.

None the less, I don't hate his contract - I don't think we overpayed, and there are other contracts last offseason to be slightly more miffed about.

How can you say we didnt overpay?  He is the highest paid RB ever.  Even if we did nothing and did the franchise tag in 2 years he would still be cheaper than the deal he is on.   There is just no way his value was going up with the amount of usage we gave him in 2 throwaway years.   After the amount of touches he got in the past 2 seasons it was written in stone that he was going to get hurt this season.  His first 3 were a statistical anomaly that he didnt miss any time at all.