Carolina Huddle

JABANOG

CMC has A/C joint separation in shoulder

8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Hurney didn't make that call.

Then who did? 

8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

That wasn't Hurndog's call...he doesn't have that kind of authority.

That decision was made collectively between Tepper, Rhule & The Hurn.

It was made before Rhule was here and Hurney hired Rhule but doesn't have the "authority" To sign a player. Get out of here with the Hurney apologist junk. 

I am so happy none of you are GMs.  You would trade away every good player we have because we have to pay them.

A normal RB, I would agree it was too much but CMC isn't a normal RB.  He's had a tough year but no way was it Rivera's fault, CMCs fault or Rhule's fault for bringing him back after the high ankle sprain.  It's just bad luck for CMC this season.

If this information is true.  I would shut him down and let it completely heal.  Hopefully, he can recover well enough to come back next season 100%.

Teddy needs to sit this one out.  Let that knee fully heal.  We're not in the playoff race anymore so let's give PJ or Grier a chance to play. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I am so happy none of you are GMs.  You would trade away every good player we have because we have to pay them.

A normal RB, I would agree it was too much but CMC isn't a normal RB.  He's had a tough year but no way was it Rivera's fault, CMCs fault or Rhule's fault for bringing him back after the high ankle sprain.  It's just bad luck for CMC this season.

If this information is true.  I would shut him down and let it completely heal.  Hopefully, he can recover well enough to come back next season 100%.

Teddy needs to sit this one out.  Let that knee fully heal.  We're not in the playoff race anymore so let's give PJ or Grier a chance to play. 

No way this is Rivera's fault?   Cmac had 729 touches the past 2 seasons for a whooping 13 wins.  If thats not on RR then I dont know what is.  I will say it for the final time.  Running him into the ground last season for a dumb record during a 6 win season and then turning around to pay him record breaking money while he had 2 years left on his deal may be the dumbest move this franchise has ever done.  (Outside of Sean Gilbert of course)

Stevie Wonder could have seen an injury filled season coming this year for cmac.

Edited by mrcompletely11

I have a buddy who had this happen to him in a mountain biking accident.  I think it was a tear though, which is probably worse than a separation.  Took him a long time to recover.  CMC needs the year off at this point.

There is a massive difference between a Type I and Type IV separation.....do we know what type/grade he has?

3 hours ago, Snake said:

It was made before Rhule was here and Hurney hired Rhule but doesn't have the "authority" To sign a player. Get out of here with the Hurney apologist junk. 

The CMC extension came more than 3 months after the Rhule hiring.  Of course it was a collective decision between at least the GM, head coach, and owner...that shouldn't be a contentious statement.  You think Tepper gives Hurney unilateral authority to spend tens of millions of dollars from his pocket?  Maybe for small fish signings, but not for a $64 million extension.  Obviously Hurney, Rhule, and Tepper would have come together to decide if CMC is in their long-term plans.

But if common sense isn't enough, here's a quote from a Sports Illustrated article about Rhule's input on the CMC extension:

Rhule explained that he met with key personnel on the team - that included his offensive coordinator Joe Brady and running backs coach Jeff Nixon - who all did extensive research prior to extending McCaffrey. Ultimately, they all agreed that he was not a “traditional running back” and his versatile impact on the field would be aligned with the money he’d receive in the new deal.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/matt-rhule-explains-why-christian-mccaffrey-is-worth-the-money

And if you think oh that's just coachspeak and Rhule sugarcoating an extension that he wasn't happy about and wasn't on board with, here's an excerpt from another article before the CMC extension:

In a recent team interview, head coach Matt Rhule said what we all know that McCaffrey is exactly what the Panthers need in the long-term. Here is what Rhule said in an article written by Myles Simmons and Zach Goins of Panthers.com:

“I think Christian McCaffrey is a centerpiece player that you can build around,” Rhule said. “And I think he really builds to the culture that you want to have within the building.”

https://catcrave.com/2020/04/10/matt-rhule-endorsement-christian-mccaffrey-contract/

• Flames 1

15 hours ago, Snake said:

Tepper & Hurney hired Rhule.

Tepper & Hurney & Rhule made CMC decision together.

Tepper always retained final decision making authority. 

That's just how it works in Tepper's world.

PS...not making any apology for Hurney.  I'm as surprised as anyone he has stuck in Tepper's organization but folks need to understand he does not have traditional "GM" powers like a John Lynch or Brandon Beane for example.  Has the title, not the power.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

23 hours ago, pantherj said:

Omfg. Shut him down. Samuel L. Jackson had that injury and now his shoulder is deformed. Also that must be incredibly painful and likely to re-injure if you hurry back.

I didnt know that actually. How did it happen to Samuel L.? 

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You're correct, the deal was cut before Rhule got here -- my bad.

Tepper & Hurney made both those decisions together and Tepper had final say.

That's just how it works in Tepper's world.

PS...not making any apology for Hurney.  I'm as surprised as anyone he has stuck in Tepper's organization but folks need to understand he does not have traditional "GM" powers like a John Lynch or Brandon Beane for example.  Has the title, not the power.

A) You have no idea about this. That is pure speculation

B)Giving out dumb big contracts to RB's is kindof what Marty is known for

31 minutes ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

I didnt know that actually. How did it happen to Samuel L.? 

He was making a movie, 'Big Game', and he was standing on top of a freezer that was 7 feet in the air. There was a stuntman on the freezer as well, and when the stuntman jumped off Samuel slipped and fell on his shoulder.

21 hours ago, onmyown said:

M.Kalil is still being paid

Wait, do you actually think we are still paying him? Dead cap is just that, already paid money that we didn’t account for yet due to bonuses. Kalil counted $10M against the cap while getting paid $25M. That meant $15M in dead cap spread over two years.

I still laugh at Kalil coming up over and over. We paid Kalil $25M, way more than we should have, but we spent $26M on Apple, Short, Weatherly and Roberts just this year. At least Kalil started a year and we went 11-5. We got 27 tackles (no sacks, fumbles or interceptions) and 31 yards out of that $26M. We’ve gotten more out of Manhertz and Elder.

• Flames 1

47 minutes ago, pantherj said:

He was making a movie, 'Big Game', and he was standing on top of a freezer that was 7 feet in the air. There was a stuntman on the freezer as well, and when the stuntman jumped off Samuel slipped and fell on his shoulder.

Ouch! Having worked in stunts on and off in film/television for years in and around the US (havent made much money by the way hence the career job) I have seen many actors and stunt men hurt. I worked a few years back on the lot in Wilmington where Brandon Lee had his accident in the Crow and it was sad to think about that at the time while working as i was a huge fan of his growing up watching 'Rapid Fire'. 

I had no idea of Samuel L's accident. Man that sounds painful as heck. Ive been accidentally punched, kicked, speared once in the back from an actor was was hyped up on coke with a semi dulled spear (Still left scar and got me 7 stitches) as well a laundry list of other injuries but have been lucky enough to never suffer anything shoulder related like that (knock on wood). Sounds like CMC may be out a while with that type of injury!

He should be IR'd if this is the case. I don't get what the second opinion "playing in a week or two" was about than. 

Perhaps the doctors on the team said it was a two or three and the second opinion said it was a one or maybe vice versa? either way let the man heal.

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A) You have no idea about this. That is pure speculation

B)Giving out dumb big contracts to RB's is kindof what Marty is known for

Sure I do...

...would you like for me to walk you through it in detail?

As a precursor, have you watched the hit show called Billions?

If so, what do you think about it?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

On 11/19/2020 at 4:08 PM, pantherj said:

Omfg. Shut him down. Samuel L. Jackson had that injury and now his shoulder is deformed. Also that must be incredibly painful and likely to re-injure if you hurry back.

Injuries like this don't effect everyone the same way and they heal up fine.

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523
  • Beer 1