Carolina Huddle

Ricky Spanish

Most forced Incompletions by CB this season

16 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Again, it was a big mistake to not pay Bradberry. 

Was it being cheap or did the team, Hurney, just not think him valuable enough to resign?

19 minutes ago, glitchh8 said:

Was it being cheap or did the team, Hurney, just not think him valuable enough to resign?

Probably a little bit of everything. I guess a homegrown, developed player who is very good wasn’t worth the money. I have a bad feeling this same sort of situation is going to unfold with DJ and Moton. Panthers are a feeder team. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I wonder if being in the worst QB led division in the NFL helps these numbers? 

Nah. The next three dudes play for Tampa (Sir Ted, Brees, Matty Ice), Bears (Stafford, God Mode, Cousins), and LAC (Extreme God Mode, Carr).

58 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Probably a little bit of everything. I guess a homegrown, developed player who is very good wasn’t worth the money. I have a bad feeling this same sort of situation is going to unfold with DJ and Moton. Panthers are a feeder team. 

If same situation happens with DJ that will be disgusting. He has in the past performed quite well with subpar QB play and piss poor offensive lines protecting whatever QB is back there yet still put up nice numbers last year. If he had a top tier QB and that top tier QB had a solid line protecting him, I could see DJ as potentially being a top name mentioned in the league to his respective position.

15 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Meh....he can break up all the passes he wants on a team not winning games

NY Giants 3-7, 2nd NFC East

Carolina Panthers 3-7, 4th NFC South

... on either team not winning games?

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Meh....he can break up all the passes he wants on a team not winning games and they still gotta pay him a boat load money. It wouldnt have changed much here, we were not gonna contend and we have the extra cap space. 

There’s little extra cap space. We paid Shaq top LB money instead.

Also, kind of funny when you say he plays for a team not winning games when we have the exact same record and we gave no chance to make the playoffs and they are right behind the Eagles. Pot and kettle and all.

We would be better off for the future with Bradberry instead of Shaq or if Hurney wasn’t a moron, Bradberry and Shaq instead of Shaq and Short.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Nah. The next three dudes play for Tampa (Sir Ted, Brees, Matty Ice), Bears (Stafford, God Mode, Cousins), and LAC (Extreme God Mode, Carr).

Sarcasm, right?

21 hours ago, WarHeel said:

I also screamed it. Fell on deaf ears apparently.

Y'all weren't alone.

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Damn get over it already

"Embrace the suck."

Always a philosophy of present and future success.

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

#2 on the list, Carlton Davis (6 ft 1 in, 206 lb) is fast becoming one of the better CBs in the NFC if not in the NFL.

He was picked in the 2nd round with the 63rd pick.

Know who was picked in the 2nd round with the 55th pick?

Donte Jackson (5 ft 10 in, 180 lb).

12 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Gano is first in the league in FG%, guess we should of kept him too

Just an FYI, the biggest reason we wanted Butker was that Butker would have saved us $14M over his rookie contract. Gano was awful in 2016 and instead of going with the much cheaper option that was just as good, we extended a kicker who still missed key chip shots in the playoffs and got hurt. Gano wasn’t worth what we paid him, $10M for 12 games with 5 misses. Giants are a good place for him with no pressure.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

NY Giants 3-7, 2nd NFC East

Carolina Panthers 3-7, 4th NFC South

... on either team not winning games?

Yeah, pretty much. 

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

There’s little extra cap space. We paid Shaq top LB money instead.

Also, kind of funny when you say he plays for a team not winning games when we have the exact same record and we gave no chance to make the playoffs and they are right behind the Eagles. Pot and kettle and all.

We would be better off for the future with Bradberry instead of Shaq or if Hurney wasn’t a moron, Bradberry and Shaq instead of Shaq and Short.

Okay cool, we are not winning games either...You feel better? The point is we were never gonna compete this year and having a lockdown corner does nothing for a team that sucks everywhere else on defense. He would have those great numbers right now with us still being bad and one more hefty contract to pay. Shaq is Shaq at this point. I didnt want to pay him either, but he had a emotional season last year and i saw the writing on the wall they were gonna reward him. My opinion, they had more faith in Shaq living up to his contract opposed to Bradberry living up to his. At that time, i really cant disagree with that. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

20 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Meh....he can break up all the passes he wants on a team not winning games and they still gotta pay him a boat load money. It wouldnt have changed much here, we were not gonna contend and we have the extra cap space. 

Should have used that cap space on Bradbury