Carolina Huddle

electro's horse

That's probably it for Greg Olsen

18 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Peppers leaving was way worse than Smith. 

Smith got cut out of fuging nowhere because gettleman thought he was mean to Cam. 

Peppers intentionally nuked his own trade value after turning down the largest defensive contract in nfl history because he had an under the table deal with the bears. He made sure the Panthers couldn't get anything for him by declaring there was only like 3 or 4 mystery teams he'd sign an extension with, and that he wouldn't play anything except a standup rush OLB. 

Peppers came back and finished with the TEAM.

Smitty got cut out of nowhere for no reason? His history of assaulting teammates and being a diva had nothing to do with it? Smitty talked poo about the team, but praised the man (JR) that turned out to be a big ass racist and ass grabber. Either way Smitty DID NOT finish with the team...he did not come back for a 1 day contract and retire a panther.

19 hours ago, Panther Believer said:

I agree, what say you about a Luke statue?

Luke not only retired a panther but stayed with the team. He will get his in time. To me a statue for Luke is even a bit much, but over Greg Olsen, Cam, Smitty or any other player that was special for us but moved on...Luke deserves it more than any of them. 

Not only for retiring here, but also for being a GOAT at the position. Cam? Noone will call him a GOAT in this generation. Olsen? Well there might be some argument for or against. Smitty? For OUR team he was a granddaddy goat but overall he was not all that. Luke however gets that status from every team and player. Even when it is not some fluff piece special about Luke, he gets the praise and admiration.

53 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Peppers came back and finished with the TEAM.

Smitty got cut out of nowhere for no reason? His history of assaulting teammates and being a diva had nothing to do with it? Smitty talked poo about the team, but praised the man (JR) that turned out to be a big ass racist and ass grabber. Either way Smitty DID NOT finish with the team...he did not come back for a 1 day contract and retire a panther.

Who cares. Peppers played over a third of his career with other teams, and that's not including the 2007 season where he might as well have not been on the field. Smith played 13/16 with carolina, so a higher percentage of his career was spent in Carolina relative to Peppers. And Peppers CHOSE to leave. Smith was like "wtf" 

Who cares if he was a diva, all NFL WRs are. If you're looking for one who isn't you end up with like Marvin Harrison, and then you gotta deal with him fuging pulling guns on people at car washes. 

Smith being cut in 2014 had nothing to do with him breaking ken lucas' nose in 2008, shut the fug up. 

Peppers praised JR too. 

Jake Delhomme didn't finish with THE TEAM either. You have really dumb and random criteria for what's good or bad. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I hope Greg is able to make it back by the end of the year and go out on his own terms. If he wants to play again next year I don't know that he'll find a taker.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:58 AM, Snake said:

Knowing our luck he will retire a Seahawk or Bear. 

I don’t see him as bitter and spiteful.

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope Greg is able to make it back by the end of the year and go out on his own terms. If he wants to play again next year I don't know that he'll find a taker.

He’s got a cushy seat waiting for him somewhere anywho. 

On 11/20/2020 at 8:59 AM, TheCasillas said:

Man, he did alot for the community, a poo load. He worked with my foundation as well, so I am bias. He is just a good dude overall. His performance on the field had him as a top TE for consecutive seasons. Maybe it is overkill.

Anyone know if his family stayed in Charlotte or moved to Seattle? I know TDs family stayed here as did Ted Ginn’s and others. 

On 11/20/2020 at 7:57 AM, electro's horse said:

Sign him for a 1 day contract to retire a panther

That would be my choice.  Hated to see him go, but it was time.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:32 AM, Ready 2 Win said:

Luke not only retired a panther but stayed with the team. He will get his in time. To me a statue for Luke is even a bit much, but over Greg Olsen, Cam, Smitty or any other player that was special for us but moved on...Luke deserves it more than any of them. 

Not only for retiring here, but also for being a GOAT at the position. Cam? Noone will call him a GOAT in this generation. Olsen? Well there might be some argument for or against. Smitty? For OUR team he was a granddaddy goat but overall he was not all that. Luke however gets that status from every team and player. Even when it is not some fluff piece special about Luke, he gets the praise and admiration.

I agree and I fell like he optimizes the mantra of Keep Pounding.

17 hours ago, crowntownpanther said:

Anyone know if his family stayed in Charlotte or moved to Seattle? I know TDs family stayed here as did Ted Ginn’s and others. 

Olson’s house at land view was for sale at one point

I believe Olsen ranks fifth all time in receiving yards by a tight end. And that is including Shannon Sharpe as a tight end when he really wasn't.

Seriously underrated player, def one of the ten best tight ends of all time.

Ring of Honor is no brainer...the man might wind up in Canton when people start looking at his career numbers.

• Pie 2

On 11/20/2020 at 2:17 PM, Khyber53 said:

Down at this end of the rankings and market share, you get the same crew week after week. We might just end up with Greg in his first year or two.

yeah you get the guys who say "I don't know if Manhertz has just been brought up from the practice squad or just signed, but if Carolina can find an elite TE then they will become way more dangerous."

I was like WTF is this broadcaster!

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

yeah you get the guys who say "I don't know if Manhertz has just been brought up from the practice squad or just signed, but if Carolina can find an elite TE then they will become way more dangerous."

I was like WTF is this broadcaster!

We definitely got the D team yesterday. Understandably, though.

I'm shocked he lasted this far into the season. Was absolutely worth it for him to cash in several more million for 11 games. Look forward to his broadcasting career and Panthers retirement. 

14 hours ago, bull123 said:

Olson’s house at land view was for sale at one point

I read somewhere when Olsen requested his release, that he wanted to keep his family here. Can anyone confirm or deny? Was the home up for sale this year?