Carolina Huddle

TLGPanthersFan

Joe Brady, “I believe Teddy is a Franchise QB.”

Yeah, the dreaded “vote of confidence” lol, never a good sign. It’s like when some starts out a conversation with “we need to talk” uhhh someone is about to get dumped. Or when someone says “I’m not trying to be racist” you about to hear something racist. 

1 hour ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I just realized some poor soul compared Teddy Bridgewater to Tom Brady. Double yikes. 

There was a time when Huddlers were saying he was the best QB in the division. 

Kenan Thompson Lol GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by Call Me James
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Or Bruce Arians.

Well that's factual. I would probably choose Ron over that guy. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I think there is going to be a lot of disappointed people come draft day. Brady really likes Teddy. I see us picking up a legit backup in a later round. 

I have no problem with us building our line before getting a QB. I can deal with Teddy check down if it's for the short term and from all accounts Rhule has a vision that spans past 2 years so hopefully we build a team that doesn't rely on great QB play bailing us out. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I have a boatload of facts to back my case up. I’m sorry my post hurt your feelings. Latching on to players because of a personal liking to them has gotten this franchise nowhere. Fans like you that support mediocrity are definitely part of the problem. 

What you have is a boatload full of holes in your crackpipe dream of replacing Teddy Bridgewater. Your so called facts are nothing more than icons on a joystick, which shows that you know more about soap operas than you do about football. That's why you can't see the relevance in comparing Brady's and Teddy's play against a common opponent. You're too busy trying to fix something that's not broken.   

On 11/20/2020 at 9:13 PM, TLGPanthersFan said:

Just so you feel better I went and got the exact quote and removed word paraphrasing. Feel better now Grammar Nazi?

This is not just a grammar issue. When you use quotation marks, you are representing that this is exactly and explicitly what the person said. When that isn't true, you are directly misrepresenting someone's words. That's a little more serious than not having verb tenses agree.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

16 hours ago, top dawg said:

I agree with you there, but I've also seen him on drives at game's end, and I don't believe it's all about lack of time, though, admittedly, he may be hearing footsteps from running for his life. 

And sometimes you just go to the well and it's empty. So many of those last minute game deciding drives have been multiple score games for us (we have put some points up this year) and it just seems that the bag of tricks is empty. Like I said, give him a decent o-line and a defense that gets the other team off the field once in a while and we'll be winners. We're sending him out to be a gunfighter every week, but man, we've only got four bullets in the revolver right now team wise.

Not a franchise QB, lol. Backup at best. The NFL doesn't care, the NFL moves on. There are younger players that have come into the league who fit the bill more now than Teddy will going forward.

A "franchise QB" is a guy who, with equal or lesser talent around him, can take over a game and win. In that sense Kyle Allen has showed me more moxy than TB.

Breaking: Football coach says he is confident in the abilities of his starting QB.

16 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Not just the past 20 years. From 1966 to current only 10 teams have had a defense outside of the top 10.

I wasn’t willing to go back that far but I believe it. I’d also wager that at least 75% of those 10 teams had a HOF QB.

9 hours ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

What you have is a boatload full of holes in your crackpipe dream of replacing Teddy Bridgewater. Your so called facts are nothing more than icons on a joystick, which shows that you know more about soap operas than you do about football. That's why you can't see the relevance in comparing Brady's and Teddy's play against a common opponent. You're too busy trying to fix something that's not broken.   

Again, fans like you are such a big part of the problem. You probably said similar things about Jimmy Clausen and Matt Moore. Take a hike. Learn football. When you want to discuss facts instead of feelings, we will be here.  Have you noticed you’re the only one here with this opinion and everyone else is laughing at you??

Edited by Kentucky Panther

3 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

This is not just a grammar issue. When you use quotation marks, you are representing that this is exactly and explicitly what the person said. When that isn't true, you are directly misrepresenting someone's words. That's a little more serious than not having verb tenses agree.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

I wasn’t willing to go back that far but I believe it. I’d also wager that at least 75% of those 10 teams had a HOF QB.

So I was a dumb and only 8 teams were outside the top 10 since 1966

1/7 has been inducted into the hall of fame. 3/7 will most likely be inducted(Manning,Manning,Brees). The jury is out on the other 2/7(Flacco & Foles). And the final one who was not inducted was Jim Plunkett.

From 2000 to 2020, 11 super bowls have been won by a round 2+ quarterback. While 10 have been won by a round one. Of those 9, 6 have been won by a top 10 pick. Mahommes, Payton Manning x2, Eli Manning x2 & Trent Dilfer. A round 6 quarterback has won as many super bowls in the the last 20 years as all of the top 10 drafter quarterbacks combined.

More fun facts.

(85%) of Super Bowl winning teams had a top 10 defense (46/54)

One third (33.3%) of all Super Bowl champions fielded the top defense in the league (18/54)

Over half (51.8%) of all Super Bowl winning teams had a top 3 defense (28/54)

(57.4%) of all Super Bowl winning teams had a top 5 defense (31/54)

(10/54) Offenses were outside the top 10 , 6/10 since 2000.

___

QB's

15 of the number one picks since 2000 have been QB's. 1 has won a Super Bowl. 19 since 1990. 2 have won super bowls.

36/55(65.4%) first rounders were top 10 picks. 3/55(.05%) first rounders won super bowls, 2/55(.03%) were top 10 that won super bowls.

Since the 2000 draft a sixth round QB has won twice as many super bowls as first rounders drafted since 2000. 

___

Winning formula for Super Bowls: Defense > Offense > A lot of other stuff > top 10 or "Franchise" if you will QB.

Moral of the story have at minimum a top 10 defense. A top 10 offense and when it comes to a franchise quarterback draft smart, NOT EARLY. Cause that quarterback people want in the first round, in the top 10? Has a 99.7% chance of going their entire career without winning a Super Bowl.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

All your doing here is confirming that accuracy doesn't matter to you when you roll your eyes at reality. That allows real adults to dismiss you as irrelevant. When you wanna act like an adult let us know.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

So I was a dumb and only 8 teams were outside the top 10 since 1966

1/7 has been inducted into the hall of fame. 3/7 will most likely be inducted(Manning,Manning,Brees). The jury is out on the other 2/7(Flacco & Foles). And the final one who was not inducted was Jim Plunkett.

From 2000 to 2020, 11 super bowls have been won by a round 2+ quarterback. While 10 have been won by a round one. Of those 9, 6 have been won by a top 10 pick. Mahommes, Payton Manning x2, Eli Manning x2 & Trent Dilfer. A round 6 quarterback has won as many super bowls in the the last 20 years as all of the top 10 drafter quarterbacks combined.

More fun facts.

(85%) of Super Bowl winning teams had a top 10 defense (46/54)

One third (33.3%) of all Super Bowl champions fielded the top defense in the league (18/54)

Over half (51.8%) of all Super Bowl winning teams had a top 3 defense (28/54)

(57.4%) of all Super Bowl winning teams had a top 5 defense (31/54)

(10/54) Offenses were outside the top 10 , 6/10 since 2000.

___

QB's

15 of the number one picks since 2000 have been QB's. 1 has won a Super Bowl. 19 since 1990. 2 have won super bowls.

36/55(65.4%) first rounders were top 10 picks. 3/55(.05%) first rounders won super bowls, 2/55(.03%) were top 10 that won super bowls.

Since the 2000 draft a sixth round QB has won twice as many super bowls as first rounders drafted since 2000. 

___

Winning formula for Super Bowls: Defense > Offense > A lot of other stuff > top 10 or "Franchise" if you will QB.

Moral of the story have at minimum a top 10 defense. A top 10 offense and when it comes to a franchise quarterback draft smart, NOT EARLY. Cause that quarterback people want in the first round, in the top 10? Has a 99.7% chance of going their entire career without winning a Super Bowl.

Interesting info. I looked at the past 20 years of super bowl contenders (40 teams) and while ago and the only other huge factor besides a top defense was the oline. It was a huge factor, almost as relevant as a top defense. I’d argue the two biggest factors with these teams is a top defense and top oline. I found more anomalies in every other aspect team wise.

Think it echos what you said -  Smart QB play, top defense (allows little points) and top offensive line wins you championships.

Unfortunatley I don’t think we’re close to having any of these...

Edited by onmyown