Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc Holiday

New Bungie game: Destiny

Oh GamerTag is PsychoPandaRR, I play on the 360 though. I am debating which next gen system to get though. I am literally torn right now, I can't really think of which to get. 

Ivan, get the one where your friends go and that had the games you want. I want halo and for a so my choice is pretty easy. While ps4 can do a bit more work, both systems are great machines that will bring you hours of enjoyment.

Just make sure you have friends. Most games are becoming very social compared to last gen.

if anyone is on xbone add me: GastricBeerpass

I have a level 31 hunter (nearly 32) and a 30 Warlock

Think I'm going to pick this up for my ps4 today or tomorrow

Do it.

You won't regret it, the game is one of, if not, the most addicting games ever.

Unless you get a strategy guide you'll have a few questions about leveling up, upgraging , ect. Nothing you can't figure out though.

After you get to level 25 hit me up we can do some strikes.

Vtbs83 on Psn.

Think I'm going to pick this up for my ps4 today or tomorrow

If you like Shooters with RPG elements, and you don't mind scraping weapons and armor about every three months, then Destiny is a great game.  Destiny is a GRINDER game though.  You'll be doing things over and over, but I still enjoy the crap out of it.

I love the moment to moment.  The PVP is fun to me, even though I am TERRIBLE.  Shooting the heads of enemies is so much fun.  Heck, last night I actually had a few minutes to play so I hopped on and did the daily story, a higher level version of a mission you do much earlier.  It seems in the 8 days or so that I hadn't played, I forgot how to aim.  I died several times because I was aiming and shooting at the ground and rocks!  But it was still fun.  Hilarious when a Thrall would sneak up on me!  I was so sloppy but I managed it!

Oh, and I would skip the Bungie.net forums.   They are mostly a cespool (where I post too much!) of negativity...I need to stay way but I can't!

If you like Shooters with RPG elements, and you don't mind scraping weapons and armor about every three months, then Destiny is a great game. Destiny is a GRINDER game though. You'll be doing things over and over, but I still enjoy the crap out of it.

I love the moment to moment. The PVP is fun to me, even though I am TERRIBLE. Shooting the heads of enemies is so much fun. Heck, last night I actually had a few minutes to play so I hopped on and did the daily story, a higher level version of a mission you do much earlier. It seems in the 8 days or so that I hadn't played, I forgot how to aim. I died several times because I was aiming and shooting at the ground and rocks! But it was still fun. Hilarious when a Thrall would sneak up on me! I was so sloppy but I managed it!

Oh, and I would skip the Bungie.net forums. They are mostly a cespool (where I post too much!) of negativity...I need to stay way but I can't!

Reddits subreddit for destiny is pretty good imo

Damn that was insanely clutch to take down Crota there

Yeah, I was pretty stoked, mostly because we had been at it for two hours at that point and I just wanted it done ;)

This game has me way too hooked, I have a 32 warlock, 32 titan, and 31 warlock, 45 exotics (just need SUROS and Hard Light to finish my collection) and I still can't seem to play anything else :\

This game has me way too hooked, I have a 32 warlock, 32 titan, and 31 warlock, 45 exotics (just need SUROS and Hard Light to finish my collection) and I still can't seem to play anything else :

Between a wife, a 2 year old, and work I don't get to play as much as Id like to, but I can't play anything else either. The wife got me Farcry4 for Christmas and its still in the wrapper lol.

Destiny is so strange for me. I see all of it's shortcomings and completely understand all the criticism it gets. But whenever I have time to game, I find myself playing destiny. It's incredibly addicting and utilizes the same principles gambling does: i.e. flashing lights of exotic weapons and the random number generator for loot. Furthermore, one thing Bungie nailed is the gameplay. One of the best FPS games I have ever played. Say what you want about the story, the content, the DLC, hell even the lack of matchmaking for raids, but when you get into this game, I find it hard to get out.