Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SZ James (banned)

This is pathetic

Every school cheats academically in their own way... those walk-on's at the end of the bench aren't on the team because they're good (GPA boosters). Does this mean that Carolina should still continue to cheat? Absolutely not, but the "holier than thou" attitude is exasperating.

Carolina just got caught... but after seeing Julius Randle's ridiculously stupid question on live tv tonight: "what does attainment mean?" I assume their program deserves to be investigated as well.

You can't say that.  You have absolutely no facts to back that up.  Don't try and lump every school in with unc just because you guys are involved in an academic scandal.  

As far as Julius Randle goes, anywhere that Calipari is should be under investigation from day one.

You can't say that. You have absolutely no facts to back that up. Don't try and lump every school in with unc just because you guys are involved in an academic scandal.

As far as Julius Randle goes, anywhere that Calipari is should be under investigation from day one.

You can't say that. You have absolutely no facts to back that up. Don't try and lump every school in with unc just because you guys are involved in an academic scandal.

If your team has walk-on's your cheating. Walk-on's rarely, play, aren't really needed, and hardly ever earn a scholarship... so why are the nerdy looking white kids on the basketball team? To boost the teams GPA, yes; that's cheating.

If your team has walk-on's your cheating. Walk-on's rarely, play, aren't really needed, and hardly ever earn a scholarship... so why are the nerdy looking white kids on the basketball team? To boost the teams GPA, yes; that's cheating.

They are on the team for practice purposes and walk-ons can play ball.  They would destroy me and you on the court.  My buddy went to unc and was on the practice team that would practice against the women's team.  He was on a state championship high school team and wasn't good enough to walk on to the mens team so he played on the practice team against the women.  One of the perks he got was team shoes which was pretty cool.  So to say walk-ons are just there for GPA boosting is completely wrong.

BTW Parker, Hood, and Jefferson were all on the ACC All Academic team, that's 3 of our five starters so not sure why we would need walk on GPA boosters.

BCD was nowhere to be seen for weeks after the Mercer game...

Focus on your own overrated, shitty team. Duke cheats just like the rest of them. Or have you already forgot about Corey Maggette?

BCD was nowhere to be seen for weeks after the Mercer game...

Focus on your own overrated, shitty team. Duke cheats just like the rest of them. Or have you already forgot about Corey Maggette?

Who are you?  Do you know anything about the Maggette situation?  If you do you would know it had nothing to do with academics so try again.

That has been my point all along!  She has no motive to show a fake paper, she has gained nothing from this.  She was demoted from her job, bullied by peers, called names, and even received death threats so tell me again how this could have helped her?

yet she lied so she is getting something out of this or thinks she is. Maybe to sell her book and promote her business along with the silver tongued Prof Jay Smith.so far the question of truthfulness is backfiring on her.

Who are you?  Do you know anything about the Maggette situation?  If you do you would know it had nothing to do with academics so try again.

cheating is cheating.LOL dookies,"we cheated and played an ineligible player but our cheating is not near as bad as yours."

yet she lied so she is getting something out of this or thinks she is. Maybe to sell her book and promote her business along with the silver tongued Prof Jay Smith.so far the questions about truthfulness are backfiring on her.

Dude stop going around in circles, you have yet to prove she lied about anything.  I have repeatedly asked you to cite where she has lied and you can't show us.  Why would you believe an administration that has continually lied over and over again over a person who has nothing to gain by lying?  You aren't making sense!  Plus I though when you came back you were going to have all this hilarious info that you researched to share with us, where is that?  You just come with the same tired BS!

cheating is cheating.LOL dookies,"we cheated and played an ineligible player but our cheating is not near as bad as yours."

There you go with the comprehension problem again.  There is a difference when the university knows about the cheating and is going along with it compared to a player accepting money from and AAU coach while they are in high school.  Do you see the difference?  Duke unknowingly playing a player that broke the rules in high school is not the same as unc having fake classes and giving athletes "A"s so they can stay eligible.  

Dude stop going around in circles, you have yet to prove she lied about anything.  I have repeatedly asked you to cite where she has lied and you can't show us.  Why would you believe an administration that has continually lied over and over again over a person who has nothing to gain by lying?  You aren't making sense!  Plus I though when you came back you were going to have all this hilarious info that you researched to share with us, where is that?

She proved she lied. She let the media run with the lies and got caught. playing word games is not enough to cover this.

I think most see the lie. You may not but that is not important. she had something to gain or she wouldn't have lied unless she is a pathological liar. i don't see where the administration lied over and over again in this matter.do you mean about Willingham? then no they didn't lie over and over. To this point Willingham has shown to be untruthful so I have to go with that.

you aren't making any sense. The lie was exposed and yet you can't accept it. Like many others you really want all this to be true and you want to burn down the University to punish them for whatever grudges and hatred you have for them.

just like when I immediately said this paper was a lie as presented more is coming out on the lies to cover the original lies. That will be fun.

It may appear to be going in circles but that's what you get when you try to carry the truth away , I just keep bringing it back. So back to the main point. She lied she got caught, she lied again and is continuing to lie.the closest thing to the truth that she said afterwards was that she didn't really know.

There you go with the comprehension problem again.  There is a difference when the university knows about the cheating and is going along with it compared to a player accepting money from and AAU coach while they are in high school.  Do you see the difference?  Duke unknowingly playing a player that broke the rules in high school is not the same as unc having fake classes and giving athletes "A"s so they can stay eligible.  

As far as you know and were told dook didn't know.

She proved she lied. She let the media run with the lies and got caught. playing word games is not enough to cover this.

I think most see the lie. You may not but that is not important. she had something to gain or she wouldn't have lied unless she is a pathological liar. i don't see where the administration lied over and over again in this matter.do you mean about Willingham? then no they didn't lie over and over. To this point Willingham has shown to be untruthful so I have to go with that.

you aren't making any sense. The lie was exposed and yet you can't accept it. Like many others you really want all this to be true and you want to burn down the University to punish them for whatever grudges and hatred you have for them.

just like when I immediately said this paper was a lie as presented more is coming out on the lies to cover the original lies. That will be fun.

It may appear to be going in circles but that's what you get when you try to carry the truth away , I just keep bringing it back. So back to the main point. She lied she got caught, she lied again and is continuing to lie.the closest thing to the truth that she said afterwards was that she didn't really know.

What lie did she let the media run with?  That the paper was a final draft and received an A?  If that is the story you are going with she squashed that almost immediately on Twitter.  

During his visit to New York, Dean said of Willingham: “She’s said our students can’t read, our athletes can’t read, and that’s a lie.”

Dean grossly distorted Willingham’s statements. What she’s said is that 18 out of the 183 special admit athletes whose records she assessed read at roughly a third-grade level. An additional 110 of the athletes, she said, read at between fourth- and eighth-grade levels. She never said that most, let alone all, of the 800 athletes at UNC are illiterate, and she said nothing at all about the other 18,000 undergraduates.

When challenged, Dean conceded he’d misspoken. He also admitted that he doesn’t really think Willingham is a liar and assumes she means well. But would he similarly qualify his assault on Willingham back in Chapel Hill?

Look this is what I keep bringing to the table, facts and cited text from people at unc, people at ESPN, and Willingham herself.  You have brought nothing but this story you made up in your head where for some reason you think she is a liar and unc is getting the shaft on this whole academic fraud situation.  Do some research with an open mind and you could actually learn something.  I don't want unc burned to the ground, my wife went there, I have a ton of friends who went there and like them I just want it cleaned up so it's not an embarrassment on the whole North Carolina university system.

As far as you know and were told dook didn't know.

What coach would risk a whole season by knowingly playing an ineligible player?  That doesn't make sense, that's why roy never put PJ on the court this year.