• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AFC South & AFC in general

charlotte49er

COLTS could easily start the season at 3 - 3. (They are already 0-1!)

4 of their first 6 games are on the road. (We're in for a bumpy flight!) The 2 home games, one against Baby Brother on Sunday night and the KC Chiefs right before their Bye. At least they get Washington before their Bye. McNabb will probably be hurt by then.

The remaining 2 Away games are against Denver, who they play much better at Home than the Road and Division rival Jax. The Jags have a talented RB in Jones-Drew. And after looking at the tape of the Indy-Texans game, the COLTS couldn't have stopped an 80yo man with a walker from going over 100 yards.

COLTS have found ways to fix a leaky Defense in the past. (The year they won the SB, they had the best Defense in the Playoffs. Compared to a leaky one the entire season.)

As I posted earlier, I expected Texas to win the Division this year. Colts to get a Wildcard.

Don't count San Diego out just yet. "It was a dark stormy night..." OK, so it wasn't stormy, just raining. Last year the Chargers started out terrible only to finish the season as SB contenders. Who else is really going to win that division? The Chiefs are the Chefs and at some point, will prove they are more Flan and substance. Raiders & Broncos, seriously?

AFC North, reminds me of the old NFC Central. The Black and Blue division. You beat me up, I beat you up! Pittsburgh starts the first 4 games without whatshisburger, and Bengals and Browns may end up playing for Ohio bragging rights. Yawn. Ravens control their own destiny.

AFC East is the one I can't really figure out yet. I expected the JETS to win, Patriots and Fins slugging it out in the middle (for a Wildcard) and Buffalo packing their bags, bound for Canada. As the Star Trek computer might say, Insufficient Data, to really call what will happen. (Except Buffalo.)

That's why we play the games. Stay tuned.

Archived