Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigcatdaddy

UNC Academic Scandal

556 posts in this topic

It sounds like a stall tactic that unc uses.  It's what they do, "we can't release the "official transcript" because he hasn't returned a library book.  unc will not admit to wrong doing they just want to keep passing the the buck and blame someone else.  They want to blame rogue tutors(Jenn Wiley), or rogue assistant coaches(John Blake), or rogue professors(Nyang'oro), or rogue faculty members(Mary Willingham), or rogue party promoters(Fats Thomas), or rogue athletes(McCants, MacAdoo).  Then if you can't blame someone else "play dumb", apparently roy doesn't know what "swapping out(grades)" means or what the term "paper classes" means.  He also doesn't keep track of grades or eligibility of his players nor does he try and monitor his players away from the basketball court.  

sounds more like a stall tactic from RM who knows they can't release it to dispute what he says.you get things backwards a lot.

Bro I am giving you facts, unc has lied in the past to cover their ass so why would this be any different?

bro we are giving you the facts, Rashad McCants has lied and caused trouble at UNC in the past why would this be any different? The difference is a book deal.This will just be another failed chapter in his life.

Maybe he has tried, if not I think he will because I don't think he is lying.  I mean you can print off unofficial transcripts easily for yourself it's just getting the official one that takes time.

you relly are reaching now...LOL in my best get Smart voice," maybe he has tried", " I don't think he is lying,this time!"

The facts are unc has cheated and lied in the past, true or false?

the facts are RM has caused trouble and lied in the past.

sounds more like a stall tactic from RM who knows they can't release it to dispute what he says.you get things backwards a lot.

Use your brain a little. RM has released the transcripts he has and called out unc and Roy so if he is wrong and making this up both the school and Roy could sue him for defamation. The school can easily say RM's transcript does not match the official one we have, FERPA or not.

the facts are RM has caused trouble and lied in the past.

What had he lied about?

Why would someone believe unc?  They have lied and cheated in the past and have yet to depute RM's claim that he took fake classes.

Why would you automatically not believe McCant's?  Have you ever known him to lie?  If you have a friend that has often lied to you in the past are you going to believe him over the friend who has never lied to you?

you are friends with neither.

What has unc lied about? Really? AFAM, fake classes, ineligible athletes and we could keep going on. I mean do you not remember the whole Jan Boxill fiasco when she pushed a faculty committee on academic fraud to change the wording in their report so as not to raise any further suspicion from the NCAA? RM has already released his transcript to the public so I wouldn't think it would violate FERPA if unc would say the transcript he has doesn't match the official one we have. I mean he is basically saying the school and Roy knowingly cheated and broke the rules and those are grounds for a defamation lawsuit.

What don't you understand about FERPA or the word "official"? Anyone with a computer can type up a transcript or make changes to an existing document. That's why the "official" transcript is notarized and sealed. With that being said, if the "official" copy supports his claims, why wouldn't have obtained it and presented the undeniable evidence to ESPN?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

What has unc lied about? Really? AFAM, fake classes, ineligible athletes and we could keep going on.  I mean do you not remember the whole Jan Boxill fiasco when she pushed a faculty committee on academic fraud to change the wording in their report so as not to raise any further suspicion from the NCAA?  RM has already released his transcript to the public so I wouldn't think it would violate FERPA if unc would say the transcript he has doesn't match the official one we have. I mean he is basically saying the school and Roy knowingly cheated and broke the rules and those are grounds for a defamation lawsuit.

your original premise about UNC lying is incorrect.your current take on FERPA is incorrect. I see a trend here.If you have some new news please share.

Lied about what? The university, by federal law, can't release or comment on a students confidential information without consent from the student. So... Why doesn't RM just go pick them up and turn them over to ESPN?

"FERPA prohibits the disclosure of a student’s “protected information” to a third party. This disclosure is prohibited regardless of whether it is made by hand delivery, verbally, fax, mail, or electronic transmission. - See more at: https://www.naceweb.org/knowledge/legal/ferpa-basics.aspx#sthash.82EJfGdl.dpuf"

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

duh! i am sure he knows that just like RM knows that. this points to a stall tactic by RM more than by UNC.by the time it is all straight the damage is done . It is the seriousness of the charge that gets the attention not the actual details.

Use your brain a little. RM has released the transcripts he has and called out unc and Roy so if he is wrong and making this up both the school and Roy could sue him for defamation. The school can easily say RM's transcript does not match the official one we have, FERPA or not.

sorry but no they can't.

What had he lied about?

in the Doherty era or Williams.