Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigcatdaddy

UNC Academic Scandal

556 posts in this topic

It sounds like a stall tactic that unc uses.  It's what they do, "we can't release the "official transcript" because he hasn't returned a library book.  unc will not admit to wrong doing they just want to keep passing the the buck and blame someone else.  They want to blame rogue tutors(Jenn Wiley), or rogue assistant coaches(John Blake), or rogue professors(Nyang'oro), or rogue faculty members(Mary Willingham), or rogue party promoters(Fats Thomas), or rogue athletes(McCants, MacAdoo).  Then if you can't blame someone else "play dumb", apparently roy doesn't know what "swapping out(grades)" means or what the term "paper classes" means.  He also doesn't keep track of grades or eligibility of his players nor does he try and monitor his players away from the basketball court.  

So you're saying RM wasn't made aware 9 years ago that he couldn't get his transcript because of whatever obligation he has to the University? He never tried in the last 9 years to get his transcript and was told "return your library book first"? You're insinuating that UNC just "made up" this hold on his transcript to stall because they somehow knew he was going to use it against them? Come on.... 

You want UNC to get in trouble so badly you're willing to believe any conspiracy that is conjured up....even the narrative that RM is a trustworthy, angel student who just wants to do the right thing.

I said the university couldn't COMMENT... You've been talking about a smoking gun, when in fact he doesn't even have his transcript. He'll even Jay Bilas believes McCants is lying!

http://chapelboro.com/news/unc/jay-bilas-believe-roy-williams/

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He along with ESPN has two unofficial transcripts that say the same thing.  The difference in an official and unofficial is the unofficial only has your classes and grades where as the official is sealed, notarized, and is more detailed.

So you're saying RM wasn't made aware 9 years ago that he couldn't get his transcript because of whatever obligation he has to the University? He never tried in the last 9 years to get his transcript and was told "return your library book first"? You're insinuating that UNC just "made up" this hold on his transcript to stall because they somehow knew he was going to use it against them? Come on.... 

You want UNC to get in trouble so badly you're willing to believe any conspiracy that is conjured up....even the narrative that RM is a trustworthy, angel student who just wants to do the right thing.

I don't think he has been trying to get his transcript for 9 years, I think he along with ESPN has tried to get it recently to compare to the two unofficial ones.

Umm, unc has made up a lot of stuff so no I would not put that past them at all.

He along with ESPN has two unofficial transcripts that say the same thing.  The difference in an official and unofficial is the unofficial only has your classes and grades where as the official is sealed, notarized, and is more detailed.

He needs to pay his fine or fulfill his obligation to the University, get his official transcript, and officially expose what classes he took. Why hasn't he done that? It seems so obvious. There has to be some reason why. 

Bro I am giving you facts, unc has lied in the past to cover their ass so why would this be any different?

He needs to pay his fine or fulfill his obligation to the University, get his official transcript, and officially expose what classes he took. Why hasn't he done that? It seems so obvious. There has to be some reason why. 

Maybe he has tried, if not I think he will because I don't think he is lying.  I mean you can print off unofficial transcripts easily for yourself it's just getting the official one that takes time.

UNC holding his transcript as a stall tactic is not a fact. He could easily make the public aware of the reason(s) why they're holding it, fulfill the obligations, and either get his transcript or go public again that UNC still won't release it. But he won't do that. If he did then we wouldn't be able to talk about this conspiracy and assume that RM is telling the truth. 

1 person likes this

Maybe he has tried, if not I think he will because I don't think he is lying.  I mean you can print off unofficial transcripts easily for yourself it's just getting the official one that takes time.

It took me one day from both colleges I went to. I showed up....made the request...paid my $5 (or whatever it was)...got an official copy in a sealed envelope...then went to lunch. 

"Maybe" is not a fact

He along with ESPN has two unofficial transcripts that say the same thing. The difference in an official and unofficial is the unofficial only has your classes and grades where as the official is sealed, notarized, and is more detailed.

I can't even see my own sons transcript without his permission, this was explained to us at freshman orientation. So my question would be, why doesn't he pay for the items and get his transcript?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle