157 replies to this topic

#91 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Consider 10-12 of that money already gone for Kemba's new deal, that leaves the team 10-16 million depending on what they do with Hendo. MJ isn't going to go into Lux tax unless the team can compete to reach the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Edited by carpanfan96, 24 June 2014 - 10:08 PM.

#92 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,460 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

Consider 10-12 of that money already gone for Kemba's new deal, that leaves the team 10-16 million depending on what they do with Hendo. MJ isn't going to go into Lux tax unless the team can compete to reach the finals.

We're going to be going over next year regardless, so we might as well spend to the limit and exercise Kemba's and possibly Biz's bird rights.

Oh and the luxury tax is supposed to be around $80 million for 2015. We will be over the cap but we aren't even going to be close to that number. My guess is $70 million if we address the power forward and shooting guard position.

#93 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

That deal the Magic appear to have offerd for #1 is sick.

#94 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

It's nice to have assets. 

#95 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

I don't think Kemba is getting 10-12. He's more in the range of 8-10. If he wants more, then see ya.

#96 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

Not drafting bc of past failures is one of the dumber ideas I have read.

#97 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Teh Kurb has spoken.

#98 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

Not that dumb when it's Charlotte!!!!!!!!!!!!

#99 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,190 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

The only way MKG is going to develop is if he's on the court.

Not true at all.

MKG's issue is with his jump shot.  That actually is easier and better to develop in the gym (at practice) than in the game.

Do you REALLY want a guy trying to develop a jump shot to do so by continuously taking jump shots in the game?  If you answer is yes, then God help you.

#100 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

I think the price tag to trade for AA keeps going up. It seems everyone wants him.

Oh and to an earlier post in this thread, if we pay Kemba 10 mil per, somebody should be fired.

#101 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,460 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Not true at all.

MKG's issue is with his jump shot. That actually is easier and better to develop in the gym (at practice) than in the game.

Do you REALLY want a guy trying to develop a jump shot to do so by continuously taking jump shots in the game? If you answer is yes, then God help you.

His jump shot is not even close to being the only part of the game that needs work. If you think it is... then God help you.

A huge issue with MKG is being able to defend without fouling, that is an aspect of the game that can only be learned through play.

Confidence and consistency are a few more issues that he needs to work on and once again the best place to solve those two issues is through playing.

#102 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

Not true at all.

MKG's issue is with his jump shot. That actually is easier and better to develop in the gym (at practice) than in the game.

Do you REALLY want a guy trying to develop a jump shot to do so by continuously taking jump shots in the game? If you answer is yes, then God help you.

Exactly.

There's no way MKG won't be able to develop coming off the bench. Especially behind a defensive player like himself in Luol Deng. MKG should be blessed to get to learn from a guy like Deng.

MKG has at least two more years until he'll grow into himself as a complete player. The best thing for him right now is to come off the bench and just be a defensive presence atm. Keep shooting 1000 balls everyday in practice.

#103 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

Not that dumb when it's Charlotte!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think logically my child.

#104 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Think logically my child.

Think realistically my son.

P.S.

Please don't bant me. If you do, please after the draft tomorw.

Edited by carolina-chuck, 25 June 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#105 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,322 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

I send #9 for Afflalo every day and twice on Sunday.

Especially if the rumor of us drafting McBuckets is true. Though, for the record, I think McBuckets will be a decent role guy. But that's the point...would I rather have a decent role guy for the next 10 years, or a borderline All-Star for the next couple, followed by a decent role guy for the next 5. Also remember, there is ZERO shooting guard depth in the league. We'd be getting a Top 5-ish SG instead of rolling the dice.

PG - Kemba

SG - Afflalo

SF - MKG

PF - Zeller/McBob

C - Al

Pick 24, and cap room for a decent FA, if only a rental for a year or two. Depending on how the FA dominoes fall, that could be a team with home court advantage in the pitiful East next year. Bring in Deng for instance, a fantastic locker room guy/person who could help MKG while also playing at borderline All-Star levels. A core of Kemba, Afflalo, Deng, and Big Al in the East? Young pieces in MKG/Zeller? That sounds pretty decent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users