Photo
- - - - -

DeAngleo Williams thinks Jake should remain starter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
158 replies to this topic

#151 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

Gross and Williams have no say in who the starting QB is, so why does it really matter what they think?

It's easy for all of us to sit here and talk about how they should cut Jake and what a pile of poop he is, but guys like Gross and Williams have been in the trenches with Jake for years, Jake is like a brother to them, so they're not just going to discard him overnight and move on. Moore is also a teammate, but he hasn't shared blood, sweat and tears with his teammates like Jake has.

Remember when Briggs put the late hit on Jake in 2008 and Jake got up pounding his chest? That simple act changed the whole complextion of that game, because Jake is/was the emotional leader of this team. You don't lose your status as the emotional leader of a team after one bad season... I'm sure that just about everyone in that lockeroom is pulling for Jake.

Moore has a tough road ahead of him, not only does he have to take over the starting QB spot, but he has to try and fill the shoes of one of the most beloved players in the lockeroom. Vets take care of one another and a young guy like Moore is going to have to prove himself both on the field and in the lockeroom for these guys to embrace him.

DeAngelo's comments did not reflect how he felt about Stewart, it's true for anybody in the NFL... some day a kid comes along and takes your job from you, it's the plight of every veteran player in the NFL. Vets believe that other vets deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to keeping that job because they know that some day they'll be in the same predicament.

I'm sure DeAngelo realizes he has no say in who the starting QB is, so why not just go ahead and speak from your heart as to who you would like to see out there. Personally, I would also love to see Jake return to form.... I don't think it's going to happen, but for sentimental reasons I would like to see Jake bounce back.

I think folks are losing their mind over these comments as if they hint at some sort of official position by the Panthers. DeAngelo is just speaking from the heart, I doubt anyone in the Panthers FO or coaching staff plan on asking DeAngelo who he thinks the starting QB should be.

You think players opinions don't weigh heavily into the decision process of who to start in Fox's mind? You don't think that has a big impact especially for a coach who has already shown where his loyalties lie?

#152 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:25 AM

I don't want Williams and Gross to dump Delhomme...but they need to stop saying stupid crap.

So they're not allow to have an opinion & speak from their heart? But if they are, it's stupid? You know, you could say "I disagree" rather than saying "they should stop saying stupid crap", 'cause it sound like you want them to say what you want to hear or you will say it's stupid if you disagree with it.

Stop burying Moore to make Delhomme look better.

Since when are they burying Moore? Moore isn't the starter yet. Just because they defend Jake doesn't mean they're burying Moore or anything like that. They're burying him if they say like "Moore doesn't deserve to be the starter" or something like that. Moore will get his time soon.

Just say you have faith in both QBs and will let the coaches decided everything or shut the hell up.

Again, you think they should shut the hell up because you don't agree with it. So much for "Freedom of Speech". Well, unless it involve saying that kind of things after they speak their heart. Beside, maybe you should tell the interviewers to stop talking to them or tell them to not mention about the QBs situation to those 2.

#153 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:46 AM

So they're not allow to have an opinion & speak from their heart? But if they are, it's stupid? You know, you could say "I disagree" rather than saying "they should stop saying stupid crap", 'cause it sound like you want them to say what you want to hear or you will say it's stupid if you disagree with it.

I say it is stupid because of the reasoning. D-Will is using poor excuses to defend Jake. "Jake took us to the Super Bowl and NFC Championship...he's a leader...picked a bad season to have a bad season." C'mon...D-Will could have kept his mouth shut if he was going to repeat what the average Jake supporter says. He has a right to say his opinion, but I guess I have the right to say my opinion and I think it was a stupid move.

Peppers speaking from the heart and saying he didn't want to play here didn't stop people from bashing him.

Since when are they burying Moore? Moore isn't the starter yet. Just because they defend Jake doesn't mean they're burying Moore or anything like that. They're burying him if they say like "Moore doesn't deserve to be the starter" or something like that. Moore will get his time soon.

They are burying him because it is suppose to be "open competition." They don't necessarily have to say Moore doesn't deserve to start to bury him. All they have to say is "Jake is my guy, he shouldn't be benched due to a 'bad half season' "

Gross tried to bury the other QBs by basically saying "benching Delhomme would be a mistake; we have no one behind him because if we did, we would have put him in already"...(Too lazy to find the exact quote) Blind Faith and knocking all the other QBs on our team...

D.Will is using the same logic. You know it is bad when you have to use excuses when you weren't even on the team! I'm a bit surprised at D-Will because he himself got buried by Foster.

The nature of the business is they want you out because they think the guy behind you can do a better job

Basically implying that Jake should keep his job as starter.

It's crazy that all of our big wigs and leaders (Hurney, Fox, D.Will, and Gross) have come out for Jake yet I can't think of any Panthers player coming out for Matt Moore except Delhomme saying Moore played great, but he still wants to start and Fox even though it was sorta half-ass praise.. Hmmm...:rolleyes5:
Facepalm at the bolded. Moore's time is now!

Again, you think they should shut the hell up because you don't agree with it. So much for "Freedom of Speech". Well, unless it involve saying that kind of things after they speak their heart. Beside, maybe you should tell the interviewers to stop talking to them or tell them to not mention about the QBs situation to those 2.

Or maybe they should

"...believe in taking the high road, and just keeping your mouth shut and working.”

What if a player comes out and says, "Delhomme is a bum or bad for the team"? I'm not saying they have to shut up. I'm saying they should.

#154 Mjphillips86

Mjphillips86

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

who knew?! I think its just a case of deangelo walking the company line..

#155 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

What does DeAngelo think now?

#156 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

Not to mention Smitty too. :P

#157 PeteRozelle

PeteRozelle

Random Drive by Pictures

HUDDLER

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:57 PM

Question is, what does Matt Moore think of DeAngelo now???

#158 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

Question is, what does Matt Moore think of DeAngelo now???

Nothing considering Matt always been....

And D.Will can....

#159 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

If you actually read the article, you would know that he was saying that the players in the locker room still believed in Jake....they still respected him...they still thought he could bounce back.