Photo
- - - - -

Hoover: Panthers in 'opportunity to fail'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
222 replies to this topic

#221 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

Did not! Ask anyone here who matters...

#222 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

I agree.

**Mini-Rant**

Overall, I'm actually weirdly OPTIMISTIC for next year. While I don't agree with our offseason approach, I've been calling for a youth movement for a while...even though we seemed to go overboard a bit. :willy_nilly:

I actually believe our Offense is in better shape than our Defense.

Even if Fiamatta doesn't step up, we can run a 2 TE set to get Rosario and Barnidge more playing time. Also, I don't think #2 WR is as big a deal as people make it out to be. Yes, we need more talent at WR...but our offense is still strong. But with the public pissed, Steve Smith whining, people still pissed at Delhomme and etc...I expect us to go heavy offense in the draft.

But on defense...our D-line is missing 3 starters...not only do we need all 3 replacements to step up...we need at least of them to step up to Pro Bowl/Peppers level in order for our defense to work. Godfrey will probably still start over S.Martin...but I expect J. Anderson and Connor to do well in place of Diggs. Either way, the D-line is the most important part of our defense and we need C.Johnson + E.Brown to equal Peppers production and our surplus of DTs to equal D.Lewis + M. Kemo. Sad to say...I don't see that necessarily happening...

**End Rant**

Notice that most of the concern is on the defensive end. That is mostly because with the exception of 2nd receiver which hopefully gets addressed in the draft the only starter who is of concern is Fiametta and the offense can likely handle one or two issues.

It is the defense where all the concerns and changes were made. It is ironic that the defense was the part of the team that was working so well at the end of last year. At any rate it is very much an endorsement of Meeks if you think about it. The FO saw how he was able to take all those replacement players and fit them in when injuries killed us and actually improve over the season. I guess they think he can do the same thing with all these backups and no names and gell them into a cohesive effective unit.

I hope they are right because my tickets went up in price and I hope that the on field product justifies the added cost.

#223 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

Sounds to me he's a bit bitter with the Panther decision. Oh well.