Photo
- - - - -

Why would we not trade next years 1st?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#11 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

and if the mass media is right, losing a top 10 pick next year is something this franchise can not afford to have happen. Especially with a new coach coming in because the next draft will be his and all new coaches want some of their selected talent to start rebuilding....especially elite talent.

#12 PantherProfessor

PantherProfessor

Fingers Crossed

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

and if the mass media is right, losing a top 10 pick next year is something this franchise can not afford to have happen. Especially with a new coach coming in because the next draft will be his and all new coaches want some of their selected talent to start rebuilding....especially elite talent.

true, but with our schedule, i dont see that happening unless we have monumental injuries on both sides of the ball.

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

The problem is... we wouldn't be trading with the mass media.

#14 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

We need to get two 2nd round picks.

#15 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

The problem is... we wouldn't be trading with the mass media.

This.

Also, yes, it's a great year to trade next years picks. However, on the flip side, it's an excellent year to NOT trade up because the depth of the draft. If you trade picks from next year, sure, you can grab more from this draft. But, this draft has more talent in further rounds than usual, meaning that you shouldn't need those extra high round picks to get good players.

#16 invisible38833

invisible38833

Statue for Kasay

ROOKIE

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

My concern is that if we stay pat, I think we have to try and get a defensive lineman. If we wait to address that in the 3rd round I think it will be hard to get a good contributer. However, we can get a WR in the 3rd round that might still be good. If we don't try and trade up for Tate or Benn, I would wait, draft a DL at 48 and try and get Decker in the 3rd. If we trade next year's first, we best get another 2nd rounder and a 3rd or 4th in addition.