63 replies to this topic

#16 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

if, if, if. What if...I can only go on what I see. and What I saw was Ryan Mallet throw the game losing interception. Andrew luck won last night

#17 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:37 AM

Reminds me of a tall, green, Philip Rivers.

#18 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

Good god some of the people on here are retarded.

#19 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,689 posts

Did you watch the Sugar Bowl? The 2011 Sugar Bowl?

Mallet was excellent tonight. He was let down by 7 drops. He was throwing strikes all over the field.

Yes I did and under pressure he went down like a sack of bricks. I gave him his props on the nice throws he had but he was far from excellent. Mallet+Pressue=Bad results (see the last pay)

Edited by Panthercougar68, 05 January 2011 - 12:41 AM.

#20 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

This is the HUDDLE. Home of the most coveted #1 draft pick since the '90s. This guy doesn't deserve a thread

:lol:

#21 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:40 AM

that game losing int was brilliant

Yep, so is a blitz right up the A gap that no one picks up...

That pick was not his fault and you can hang them not winning on the combination of an o-line and receiving corps that played like crap most of the game.

Mallet has a high ceiling to me, has all the physical tools but needs to land somewhere he can develop those skills into an nfl QB but that's most of the QBs in this year's draft...

#22 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:40 AM

Good god some of the people on here are retarded.

So you think Mallet is better than Luck?? Otherwise what is your point?

#23 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

Well that somewhere isn't here, we don't have time to develop.

#24 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

Yep, so is a blitz right up the A gap that no one picks up...

That pick was not his fault and you can hang them not winning on the combination of an o-line and receiving corps that played like crap most of the game.

Mallet has a high ceiling to me, has all the physical tools but needs to land somewhere he can develop those skills into an nfl QB but that's most of the QBs in this year's draft...

You get blitz in the NFL. Interceptions are the QBs fault, thats just how it works. They usually get a pass (from some folks) on tipped balls, other than that nada.

#25 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

looked like a freakin giraffe vs hungry lions

#26 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

As I said earlier, he isn't a bust, but hes not #1 overall material (I didn't say anyone said that either)...yea there were PLENTY of drop passes, and he had guys in his face all night, but that happens. And you can't get around the interception. You can't make excuses for it.

He'll get picked up by a team that needs a QB, but hes around 15-20 imo

Edited by Dpantherman, 05 January 2011 - 12:49 AM.

#27 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:51 AM

His WR's don't catch the balls because all of their fingers are still sore from the last time he threw them the ball. Gotta throw like 100 MPH on every ball. No touch whatsoever.

#28 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:54 AM

As I said earlier, he isn't a bust, but hes not #1 overall material (I didn't say anyone said that either)...yea there were PLENTY of drop passes, and he had guys in his face all night, but that happens. And you can't get around the interception. You can't make excuses for it.

He'll get picked up by a team that needs a QB, but hes around 15-20 imo

His WR's don't catch the balls because all of their fingers are still sore from the last time he threw them the ball. Gotta throw like 100 MPH on every ball. No touch whatsoever.

I do think he'll be at best a low-level starter in the NFL and will keep getting chances b/c of his physical skills/stature... But, McShay appeared right on in his analysis of him... He can't throw on the run/move worth a crap. Teams can save themselves trouble with drafting this guy early and sign Hunter Cantwell instead lol.

#29 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

if, if, if. What if...I can only go on what I see. and What I saw was Ryan Mallet throw the game losing interception. Andrew luck won last night

See: Peyton Manning, Super Bowl vs. New Orleans. It happens.

Yes I did and under pressure he went down like a sack of bricks. I gave him his props on the nice throws he had but he was far from excellent. Mallet+Pressue=Bad results (see the last pay)

Pretty sure I saw Luck get squirmy a couple of times Monday, even throwing what should have been a pick 6. I haven't really watched much college ball this year and was definitely impressed with Luck's bowl performance, so I can't compare them directly - just offering some perspective.

#30 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

Pretty sure I saw Luck get squirmy a couple of times Monday, even throwing what should have been a pick 6. I haven't really watched much college ball this year and was definitely impressed with Luck's bowl performance, so I can't compare them directly - just offering some perspective.

Mallet is an improving QB at this point. The biggest knock against him coming in to this year was his accuracy, well he completed 66% of his passes and averaged 9.9 YPA against SEC defenses this season. Isn't that what everybody is knocking Luck for, that he didn't play any legit defenses?

Look, I'm not saying Mallet is the better QB I just don't think he turns into Alex Smith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.