Is anyone really worth#9?
Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:27 AM
1. QB Andrew Luck Stanford 8.00 *****
2. CB-KR Morris Claiborne LSU 7.00 *****
3. OT Matt Kalil USC 6.75 *****
4. QB Robert Griffin III Baylor 6.70 *****
5. WR Justin Blackmon Oklahoma State 6.65 *****
6. RB Trent Richardson Alabama 6.60 *****
7. DT-DE Fletcher Cox Mississippi State 6.50 6 ****
8. DT-DE Michael Brockers LSU 6.40 *****
9. SS Mark Barron Alabama 6.40 *****
10. OG David DeCastro Stanford 6.30 *****
11. OLB Courtney Upshaw Alabama 6.25 *****
12. DT Dontari Poe Memphis 6.25 6 ****
13. DE-DT-OLB Melvin Ingram South Carolina 6.20 *****
14. ILB Luke Kuechly Boston College 6.20 *****
15. WR Kendall Wright Baylor 6.20 ****
16. OT Riley Reiff Iowa 6.15 *****
17. ILB Dont'a Hightower Alabama 6.10 *****
18. C Peter Konz Wisconsin 6.10 ****
19. DE-DT Quinton Coples North Carolina 6.00 *****
20. WR Rueben Randle LSU 6.00 ****
21. DT Devon Still Penn State 6.00 *****
Janoris Jenkins North Alabama 5.95 *****
Dre Kirkpatrick Alabama 5.85 *****
Jonathan Martin Stanford 5.35 *****
Michael Floyd Notre Dame 5.99 *****
There are some differences, but not to many. I couldn't find the scale to post just yet, but bottom line is, if you buy into these rankings, almost all these guys are contributors-starters, but not superstars at the next level.
So do we trade down and maximize our chances of getting starters?
Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:07 AM
I do think we should trade down. As a team with many holes on defense, we need to load up on picks.
Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:43 AM
Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:12 AM
Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:33 PM
nope. No superstars at the next level. Call off the whole draft.
Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:24 AM
Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:08 AM
yes it does.
So having 2 chances instead of one increases our odds
if we can get two first rounders for our one first rounder, i'd be pretty happy with that....well...maybe. those two pat picks are pretty late in the draft. 27th and 31st over 8th overall? i don't know. it depends on who is on the board.
i just don't think that there's a void of talent at the 8/9 spot. there's quite a bit of talent there.
from that list, most of those guys i feel really good about being solid starters for whatever team drafts them. they may not be perennial all pros or elite, but most certainly well above average and bordering on dominant talent. the only three guys who i don't feel sure about is barron, coples, and still. for barron it's just a matter of not really knowing that much about him. coples and still i think both have the talent, but their motor are things that i am concerned about. the rest of those guys, though are legit starters. maybe not year one, but most certainly throughout their careers.