Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keep Your Children Out of Australia

9 posts in this topic

Posted

The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) survey of almost 1,000 students in grades six and 10 found widespread misconceptions about food processing and farming.

An overwhelming majority knew where potato chips and coffee came from but almost 20 percent of the younger age group — aged between 10 and 12 years — thought pasta came from animals and scrambled eggs from plants.

Some 75 percent said cotton socks were an animal product and 27 percent believed yoghurt was derived from plants.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/8430101/australian-kids-think-yoghurt-grows-on-trees-survey

Posted

You misspelled Louisiana.

3 people like this

Posted

You misspelled Louisiana.

Okay...

That actually did make me laugh out loud.

Pie and rep for you.

Posted

wuts teh yoghurt?

190-cletus_1262709478.jpg

Posted

They no care about this. They care only for teh crocodiles and a kangaroons

Posted

1 and 5 Australian kids thinks Pasta comes from an animal! hah

Posted

thank god for this warning, i'll enroll them in the esteemed north carolina public school system now

Posted

The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) survey of almost 1,000 students in grades six and 10 found widespread misconceptions about food processing and farming.

An overwhelming majority knew where potato chips and coffee came from but almost 20 percent of the younger age group — aged between 10 and 12 years — thought pasta came from animals and scrambled eggs from plants.

Some 75 percent said cotton socks were an animal product and 27 percent believed yoghurt was derived from plants.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/8430101/australian-kids-think-yoghurt-grows-on-trees-survey

Sounds like a deceptive article. What were the questions? What were the answers? How were they asked?

I'm always skeptical of "studies."

Posted

Considering how hard it is to become an Australian citizen I think we're okay.