Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deems May: Panthers have 2 untouchable players

85 posts in this topic

Posted

There is no such thing as an untouchable player.

If New England calls and offer 2 first, 2 second, Brady and Welker for Cam he is packing for Boston.

Will that happen? No. Will any other starter be traded? No, most likely not as trading of starters is a very rare thing in the NFL. So this is like saying Cam will start against KC. It is not actually wrong, he will start, it just does not make sense to state it as there is noone pressing him for the job.

Posted

One thing that has depleted our roster over the years is trying to plug holes with draft picks that never pan out. Think of all the receivers that Hurney brought through that could have been solved by going after a big time receiver in free agency? Or the defensive tackles we drafted two years ago that we ended up fixing by having Dwan Edwards fall in our lap. Use free agency to fill those gaping holes and use the draft to develop young players into quality starters.

The few times hurney actually did that he was successful. He just didn't do it enough. Johnson, Kalil, Lafell, Hardy, Godfrey, Munnerlyn, and Anderson all came outside the first round, which is great, just needed more of that.

Posted

totally agree,those are probably the only 2 that are untouchable.Some players have had agents already to come in a see what direction team is going next year.If they were not a focal point in there position with another rebuild,they wanted out. Double trouble busted up,big contacts on ir GONE.cut them in offseason not as much of cap hit.

Posted

i wish the term "core" was never a part the panthers vocabulary.

being so tied up in keeping a "core" is the reason why the team is in such shambles.

one or two players to build around is all that's needed.

I have no problem with the 'core player' approach, provided you have someone in charge who's better at determining which players to build around than Marty Hurney was.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope they don't gut our D. We are a good safety and NT away from having the best D in the NFL.

Posted

I partially agree. Kuechly is going to be a star and I think we've only seen a fraction of his talent. Blast me if you must but I feel that Cam is a liability on offense. Yes he is extremely athletic but his antics are going to wear on the rest of the team. Unless he is able to mature and steps up as a team leader.

Posted

I have no problem with the 'core player' approach, provided you have someone in charge who's better at determining which players to build around than Marty Hurney was.

Posted

agreed

Posted

Cam,is still learning defensive schemes.Why so many sacks and or fumbles cant get to 3rd and 4th options fast enough

Posted

Cam, Keek, Kalil

Although I wouldn't just give away our other guys- like CJ, Dwan, Norman, TD, Beason, Hardy, Alexander, LaFell, Olsen

Posted

It's pretty much a figure speech...

Posted

they are not going to gut the team.When hurney was fired,it served notice that no one is irreplaceable.The rest of season players are playing for a job.either here or somewhere else.But big contract no production,you are gone