Photo
- - - - -

If Rivera is fired, who is the new coach?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

All four of our coaches have been DCs. If that comes from Jerry, then don't be surprised if the fifth is as well.

it's practically a requirement for richardson that a head coach have a defensive background.

#32 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Not Perry Fewell or Mike McCoy, please. Chip Kelly, Jay Gruden, Bruce Arians I would all be alright with.

#33 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Jon Gruden had seven years of pro coaching experience before he got the Raiders job, including three as an Offensive Coordinator. Kelly has no NFL experience at all.

I hear what you're saying though, but I've heard it before. They said it about Spurrier too. Here's a few other names--Mike Riley, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino,

Kelly will get hyped, and get a job, and look really really bad. He can't even win the NCAA championship, how is he supposed to win in the NFL?

IMO you can't lump Saban in that convo. Was he an ass the way he left? Yeah. But he had probably the worst QB situation in the league and won more games than our current coach who people are clammoring to keep.

#34 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

it's practically a requirement for richardson that a head coach have a defensive background.

JR should be hands off with that part of the decision. The guy is 76 and doesn't know how to run an NFL team..it's why he's hiring a new GM. So hopefully he'll let the GM do his job.

#35 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

IMO you can't lump Saban in that convo. Was he an ass the way he left? Yeah. But he had probably the worst QB situation in the league and won more games than our current coach who people are clammoring to keep.

Fair enough. He also had NFL coaching experience.

Kelly, however, does not. :)

#36 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,206 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Give me Mike Zimmer, Gus Bradley, Vic Fangio, or Greg Roman.

I just dont believe in Fewell or Arians.

Other notable honor(s) for me: Mike McCoy

#37 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,516 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

At this point. I want Rivera to have one more year. People are spoiled, mainly our fan base. Because John Fox had early success, we expect the next guy to do the same. The bar was set too damn high and patience has been thrown out the window.

#38 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I woud prefer Rivera over any of those guys.

yeah Rivera's resume is better then all those options, if we are going to fire Rivera I want a clear upgrade and not another coordinator at this point we would be better off keeping Rivera one more year then highering any of them

#39 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Chip Kelly

#40 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Jon Gruden had seven years of pro coaching experience before he got the Raiders job, including three as an Offensive Coordinator. Kelly has no NFL experience at all.

I hear what you're saying though, but I've heard it before. They said it about Spurrier too. Here's a few other names--Mike Riley, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino,

Kelly will get hyped, and get a job, and look really really bad. He can't even win the NCAA championship, how is he supposed to win in the NFL?

Blame cam for him not winning the BCS.

#41 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,867 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

My prediction: some Huddlers will love him, some will hate him, no one will have a clue about him until at least week 8

Did McClain make the pro bowl?

#42 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Wait, you would rather have McCoy over Fewell? The same guy who made his QBs throw balls through tires. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a future HOF QB as your QB. Manning makes any coordinator look good.

My choice would be Mike Sullivan

#43 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

It'll be John Edward channeling Bear Bryant. He will lead the Panthers to 18-0 only to bench Cam just before the SB & when he's asked why he will say "War damn eagle" while eating a burger made from Tiger the eagle. As the Panthers lose 34-0, he will run out to midfield, drop trou, & wiggle his dick vaguely in Cam's direction yelling "Go Bama! Roll Tide!!!"

#44 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Why the Mike McCoy hate? Clearly a talented coach. If you gotta go coordinator, I'd be fine with him.

#45 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Wait, you would rather have McCoy over Fewell? The same guy who made his QBs throw balls through tires. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a future HOF QB as your QB. Manning makes any coordinator look good.

My choice would be Mike Sullivan

He was here with delhomme and with The Golden Calf of Bristol. He isn't just getting a look because of this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.