Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carp24000

Gettleman hired as Panthers GM

272 posts in this topic

I think this is a great hire. The guy brings tons of experience and comes from a great organization. A lot of the candidates actually sounded great, but I think Jerry did something good here. Can't wait to see what the Gettlemeister does with this team.

Interesting notes from Gantt on his Twitter.

Scouts are a notoriously clubby, clique-ish lot. Very few personnel men rip Dave Gettleman. RT @jamos14: Whats your opinion on the hire?

Gettleman's known in the business as a grinder. Not a politician. Not a talker. From a personality standpoint, that's not unlike Hurney.

Hurney reference aside, good stuff to hear.

Relieved it wasn't Beane. Still anticipate hearing his name tossed around some this off season in some capacity.

Also this tweet from Pat Hanlon, Giants Senior Vice President of Communications

A lot of people do great work in relative anonymity in NFL. I"m glad people know Dave Gettleman's name today!

Wonder how long it'll be before the vitriol starts towards this man. God knows thats the only thing this fanbase is good at.

decisions don't age

I wonder why my phone would change tough to young.

Doesn't matter.

I have never been one to over react to GM decisions.

Cause I call out the majority on it, ragingbull takes it personal, and says I'm beatings the board.

Laughable poo from both of ya.

This from Ernie Accorsi (via Joe Person's Twitter)

"I am very happy for Dave. He is totally deserving and he's joining a good organization and a great owner."

In addition to making a great hire, JR and Morrison should be commended for trolling the hell out of the writers that cover the Panthers. They actually succeeded in convincing them that a guy with zero experience had a shot at the GM job.

1 person likes this

So when are we gonna get to hear the three amigos speak?