Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Get ready for Cam to give us the middle finger and leave...

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#76 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

This site really blows anymore. I'm really unsure why I keep returning.

#77 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Our fanbase is the most self loathing goddamn fanbase in the country.

#78 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

having a team that can't figure out how to win and that constantly and has to have excuses made for them about losing so often instead of fixing problems will have that effect.

or it could be that we are the most gullible one for believing in them with so little in return.

#79 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

As long as he takes KT with him... I won't hold it against him because he deserves better.

Americans should be thankful for the nra. thier prime objective is to maintain every americans right to defend themselves. While having americas crap shoveled in thier faces they maintain thier course. The rest of us could learn something from thier persaverance. Read the history of the group and its founding and you might be surprised to find they formed in opposition to the kkk, and the lack of rights in the african american communities after the civil war. While americans fall for propagandist tactics from the media they maintain thier integrity. Another lesson for many to learn.

#80 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,270 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

4 winning seasons out of 18

I'd say the franchise is more pathetic

#81 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

How many times I gotta tell y'all that Cam Newton is our Lebron James.

#82 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

I don't think this bullshit promotion had anything to do with JR or his mythical "cheapness". It had to do with Rivera being scared of losing his job when he goes 2-8 again. If JR was cheap we wouldn't be $16mil over the cap, we'd be one of those franchises that has $10+mil in extra cap space every year. I don't think JR is involved in every single little decision in every single aspect of every single business he owns. You think JR decides who Bojangles in Clinton, NC hires to fry their fuging french fries? Hiring the coaching staff is a job that's delegated to the HC because it's the HC's gameplan and vision that the assistant coaches have to execute. I don't think JR retaining Ron had anything to do with money either. He's an old school guy with southern values and probably felt that giving Ron another shot after Ron did what he asked (show noticeable improvement following Hurney's firing) was the right thing to do. Ron still has two years on his contract. You think if we go 7-9 or worse JR will think twice about firing Ron and paying two coaches for a year? I don't.

#83 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

This is the dumbest fuging thread I have seen tonight, and that says a lot

#84 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

4 winning seasons out of 18

I'd say the franchise is more pathetic

Some of you guy act like 2003-2009 never happened. We had only 2 losing seasons during that stretch

But keep a few things in mind when you bitch about how terrible our franchise has been.

In those three losing season, 2004 had a bunch of injuries early including losing Steve Smith for the entire season in game 1.

2006, we are .500 and still in the playoff hunt with 4 games to play before Jake gets hurt opening the door for Weinke to lose two out of the next three games which eliminated us from the playoffs.

In 2007 we get off to a 2-1 start but Jake goes out for the year prompting an unprecedented QB carousel that included David Carr, Vinny Testeverde, and Matt Moore.

Then in 2009 Jake turned to mush.

After that season we purged the roster, finished 2-14 and two seasons later we are already back to 7-9 and trending up with an exciting young QB.

As for our first 6 years of existence, which I guess you guys hold it against the franchise that they weren't able to produce a perennial Super Bowl contender with their expansion draft players. We had a great run in 1996 with a bunch of old veterans, but we were still an infant franchise with a drunk for a QB, that was having to build the roster basically from scratch. I personally don't hold that against management.

So forgive me if I don't completely agree that we have been sold a bill of goods. And I don't agree that we have not tried to put a winner on the field. Now we can have a healthy argument if all the decisions that have been made have been good or bad, but I do not think it is because of a lack of desire or willingness to pay or do what it takes by our front office or JR.

#85 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,383 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Lol

#86 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Ya know....another possibility is that Cam LOVES the fact that Shula is now the OC. Don't think that just because YOU don't like the move that Cam doesn't as well. There is nothing to suggest Cam wants to go anywhere. Calm the fug down. Dear god...

You took the words from my mouth. Pretty sure Cam all but made this hire himself. Come on, you know his input was there.

Thank GOD it's not shurmur. You have no idea the hell we were in for.

#87 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Oh for fugs sake

#88 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Lol

Oh for fugs sake

Brilliant commentary by both of you.

What great insight! What depth of thought! The Huddle is truly a special place.

#89 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

The worst part is that the users creating these terrible threads have been around a while. They aren't new trolls.

These guys that post ridiculous threads like this stick around year after year and continue to post the same BS. You'd think if they are so miserable they would find something better to invest their time in.

Is it honestly just a failed attempt to troll or are they really that dumb and bored?

#90 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Please tell me why it is that, since the day we drafted him, everybody has been on this "OMGCAMISLEAVING!$!#!#!" kick.

He's two years into a 4-year deal with a 5th year option and that's not even getting into the franchise tag. Worst case scenario he pulls a Peppers, only this time we have a GM smart enough to get a king's random for our star player.

BUT - and this is important - Cam has said nothing or done nothing to indicate he wants out. By the time his deal is up this team will almost certainly look entirely different than it does now. We've just hired a new GM, will likely hire a new coach after this season, and will have a brand new staff in place.

To think that Cam is going to demand out because we promoted his QB coach to O.C. is idiotic. In the end, it will come down to what it always comes down to: money. We pay him, he stays.

We've got enough problems without all this paranoia about a hypothetical problem 3 years down the road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.