• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paige

Would You Trade A 1st Rounder For Victor Cruz?

Scheftner reported back in feb. that NYG would make Nicks the top priority over Cruz.

He isn't worth a first and a fat contract. I doubt he leaves NY anyway.

Or...

A Jamarcus Russel for a top ten wideout. Could go both ways...1st rounders aren't gaurentees

Point being, that tbe Giants know nobodys coming off a first for him. If someone did they'd probably let him go. Great return for nothing. Ill ask the same question as earlier. When was the last time a WR was traded for a 1st?

Me too. Cruz is a good player but he's not elite. A little overrated from playing in NY.

and from playing across from nicks, eli's real go to guy.

Scheftner reported back in feb. that NYG would make Nicks the top priority over Cruz.

Yep, and I believe it.

Cruz is very good at what he does, but it's Nicks that allows him to do it.

It fully depends on the WR class next year. If we end up picking in the 15-25 range, as I'd expect, is there a WR there who will be better than Cruz for the next 5 years?

Cruz - 1st round pick AND big salary

It's a double whammy peoples

this.

that contract by itself is enough to make me balk. 

first round by itself wouldn't be horrible. first round and that contract together make me want to run away. we can find better and cheaper options.... when you consider that better receivers are being traded for  3rd and later picks and the amount of money being given out in this market is really low.

The kid has posted back-to-back thousand yard receiving seasons, though his second was approximately four hundred and fifty less, but he did get one more TD. So if Cruz continues to be a thousand yard receiver, and continues to be a great target for his QB, then he could be a good pick up even if he does cost a first round pick.

Normally I am not usually in favor of teams trading away their first round pick, but for the right player then it can make sense. Remember that the Seahawks gave up a first for Percy Harvin, and while that kid is a former first round pick, he has never had a thousand yard receiving season, though I guess his returning threat is there. So if someone said to me you can trade your first pick for Victor Cruz or Percy Harvin, I would take Victor Cruz because while Harvin brings an excellent return threat, Cruz is the better receiver and target for Cam. 

Now giving up a first for him might be too much considering his contract situation. If we could get him for a second or third plus DeAngelo or Stewart, then I'd say get the deal done. It gets Cam a legit weapon for the foreseeable future. And while we could try to draft a guy next season, I'd probably rather take a proven receiver like Cruz. 

The kid has posted back-to-back thousand yard receiving seasons, though his second was approximately four hundred and fifty less, but he did get one more TD. So if Cruz continues to be a thousand yard receiver, and continues to be a great target for his QB, then he could be a good pick up even if he does cost a first round pick.

Normally I am not usually in favor of teams trading away their first round pick, but for the right player then it can make sense. Remember that the Seahawks gave up a first for Percy Harvin, and while that kid is a former first round pick, he has never had a thousand yard receiving season, though I guess his returning threat is there. So if someone said to me you can trade your first pick for Victor Cruz or Percy Harvin, I would take Victor Cruz because while Harvin brings an excellent return threat, Cruz is the better receiver and target for Cam. 

Now giving up a first for him might be too much considering his contract situation. If we could get him for a second or third plus DeAngelo or Stewart, then I'd say get the deal done. It gets Cam a legit weapon for the foreseeable future. And while we could try to draft a guy next season, I'd probably rather take a proven receiver like Cruz. 

the only big problem with that scenario is that in addition to carrying cruz's  new contract, we'd also still be carrying dead cap space from willams or stewart. that just makes cruz all that more expensive.

we can't afford to put that much money into one player anymore. as good as he is, he just isn't worth it. there are other cheaper and just as good options, esp if we are talking trade. and again, adding in a first rounder just makes this all the more unpalletable.