#31 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

Weeding out potential tax cheats is not reserved for conservative political front organizations.  The IRS uses profiles on all tax returns.  Recognized indicators of potential fraud are flagged for review.  Items such as extreme changes in income or unusual deductions will get you audited. 

The situation with these political front organizations is not at all surprising.  The whole money equals free speech movement was pushed by wealthy conservatives for years.  Once they got their "Citizens United" ruling from the Supreme Court there was no holding them back.  These tax exempt "non political" organizations started popping up over night like dandelion weeds in America's front yard.  It would have been irresponsible of the IRS not to look at these organizations with a jaundice eye.  To do otherwise, would be to deny reality. 

It is likely, when this is over, that the IRS will be told to back off on audits of these types of organizations, just like with the churches that regularly violate their tax exempt status by advocating for one party or the other.  In the end it will be considered another victory for unbridled greed in this country and ever increasing control of our state and federal government by wealthy and powerful Crony Capitalists.

#32 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

Why do churches get tax exempt status anyway?..tax them too without blinking an eye.

Everyone cries we have a spending and revenue problem yet some churches are expanding their multi-media ampitheathers.

I just sold a church an internet fiber connection to their 12 locations that will bill for $14,000.00 a month...they really want the internet! They have an IT dept and coffee shop.

Ironically the pastor of this church drives a car in the 6digit price tag...Praise Him!

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 22,172 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Too bad that's not the only church or pastor.

#34 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,818 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Nanuq is right - Tea Party organizations were prime candidates after Obamas election to misuse their tax exempt status to fund specific politicians - their operators ran the gamut from naive idealists ripe for manipulation to old school politicians needing to get money back into Republicans hands.

The keywords made for an easy search vector for a group of people more likely to misuse funds at a time where they were popping up all over the place. An overworked IRS looking to get the most return on it's investigative budget would have been wise to work the way it did - IF that was the objective. If it turns out to be some manager foisting his politics on his department, well, hang him out to dry.

Think of this like the Tea Party equivalent of the ACORN witch hunt, except the odds of the Tea Partiers abusing the system was much greater.

#35 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

If it has gotten to this point, you know it's bad

http://www.thedailys...--into-darkness

#36 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,737 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Nothing to see here...keep paying your taxes.

#37 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

I love how some conservatives view profiling as simply being pragmatic when it applies to latinos, black people, muslims, etc.  But when conservatives are profiled?  Grab your pitchforks boys!

#38 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Stereotype much?

#39 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

I love how some conservatives view profiling as simply being pragmatic when it applies to latinos, black people, muslims, etc.  But when conservatives are profiled?  Grab your pitchforks boys!

Heard this nonsense from callers on CSPAN this morning.

#40 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Stereotype much?

Read again.  Some.

Heard this nonsense from callers on CSPAN this morning.

I'll bet your psyche is completely used to the constant state of cognitive dissonance.  

#41 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Read again.  Some.

I'll bet your psyche is completely used to the constant state of cognitive dissonance.  

Yeah.... like you meant for it to be non-generalized.  DC politics much?  You are what you claim to despise

#42 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

.......what?

#43 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,818 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Yeah i have to say that a lot too.

#44 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,818 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

But see natty here is the deal: The deficit is shrinking, the jobs market keeps improving, the stock market keeps going higher, we are putting less soldiers in harms way, the austerity crap has been shown to be just that, people are expressing their displeasure at being ignored by certain politicians in favor of the NRA, immigration is still some kind of non starter despite its critical need to Republicans....so manufacturing Bengazi, and suggesting Obama had something to do with some IRS manager shenanigans is kind of what they have to work with now so it will keep getting dumber to keep the money rolling in to the conservative campaigns.

#45 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com