• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Gordon makes 12 Million, Haywood is making like 2 million. So it would have to be someone making 14 million or less and it would inhibit the team signing Kemba and Bismack in a couple of years unless the contract they pick up is only for another 1-2 years.

Gordon is Makinh 13 mill and Haywood is 2 mill and we could get rid of sessions on a good contract that's 4 mill. And like I said. I don't think jordan would mind going over the luxury to sign our own guys to put a product like that out on the court. But yet again I'm just dreaming lol

#17 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

Gordon is Makinh 13 mill and Haywood is 2 mill and we could get rid of sessions on a good contract that's 4 mill. And like I said. I don't think jordan would mind going over the luxury to sign our own guys to put a product like that out on the court. But yet again I'm just dreaming lol

For Jordan to go into the Luxury tax the team would have to be a championship caliber team that can compete with Miami and the arena would have to be sold out this upcoming season. 

#18 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

For Jordan to go into the Luxury tax the team would have to be a championship caliber team that can compete with Miami and the arena would have to be sold out this upcoming season.

I completely agree

But a lineup of
Kemba
Rudy Gay
MKG
Zeller/biyombo
Jefferson
I mean that's pretty stout. Without a doubt a playoff team and prolly could be pushing for 4/5 seed. And that would be a sellout crowd that would come watch that.

#19 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

This team can't take on any more huge contracts this year unless it's an expiring contract. Rudy Gay is being paid $20 million dollars, not only is he not worth it; we can't afford that contract either.

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Interesting article on Tyrus Thomas by Rick Bonnell. It's a good read if you get the chance.

Link: http://blogs.charlot...tte-bobcat.html

#21 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

rudy gay is pretty overrated by any metric but with that being said, pretty sure he'd be better than any 2 or 3 we have right now

#22 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

I repeat... Single greatest day in our franchise's/front office's history. This is so awesome.

the day we made the playoffs???

#23 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

Why trade Haywood?  I think we still need him as he's really the only TRUE backup center behind Jefferson?

He's pretty cheap too for a big and I think he's a solid guy in the locker room.

I love him on WFNZ so maybe I'm biased, he's great on the radio.

I guess they view Bismack as the backup Center now with Zeller and McBob holding down the 4 spot.

#24 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

MJ's punishment is that he still has to pay Tyrus every dime of that boneheaded contract

#25 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Rick Bonnell: Also official Bobcats have amnestied Tyrus Thomas. Twitter @rick_bonnell

Seeeeeeeeeya!!!

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

Marc J. Spears: If ex-Bobcats forward Tyrus Thomas doesn't receive a team bid after being amnestied, as expected by a source, he will be a free agent Friday Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

Charlotte Bobcats President of Basketball Operations Rod Higgins announced today that the team has requested waivers on forward Tyrus Thomas, designating him as the team’s amnesty player. The one-time amnesty provision allows a team to waive a player and not have his salary count against the salary cap or luxury tax. NBA.com

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell

Based on inquiries I'm getting from NY media, don't be surprised if Knicks consider Tyrus Thomas once he clears waivers.

#27 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

rudy gay is pretty overrated by any metric but with that being said, pretty sure he'd be better than any 2 or 3 we have right now

This. Guy was severely overrated here in Memphis. He is a ballhog with a low basketball I.Q. and a propensity to whine when he isn't the focus of the offense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users