Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnny Football may not see the field this season

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Keep in mind, many said the same stuff about Cam... Look at him now.

As I keep saying, he's only 20... we all did really stupid stuff at that age.

That being said, I didn't read the article, but I'm wondering how the NCAA can prove it if 1) those involved don't talk to them or don't talk details st least and 2) if he was paid in cash. Good luck proving it then.

The sports broker has already stated that he paid him....probably enough proof right there.

Posted

Putting on my tin foil hat, but my immediate thoughts were some booster from a SEC West team would definitely push the autograph broker to offer Johnny $$$. Now why would that ever admit that they paid an athlete? What athlete would work with this broker again? You know he will rat and records video of the autographing. A&M comes out of nowhere and beats Bama and couldn't hold on against Florida and got worked by LSU. The loss could have prevented Bama from repeating. How much money is that worth. A few million at least.

But Johnny is still an idiot. It's all about him. He should have known better.

1 person likes this

Posted

This Johnny Football crap is about as annoying as the The Golden Calf of Bristol crap

Posted

They make millions off the guy and now want to take him to the woodshed for trying to make pennies. The NCAA is a criminal organization. 

1 person likes this

Posted

abusing alcohol or drinking like every other college student?

There's a difference between youthful indiscretion and utter stupidity.

I've known people who did dumb things when they were young, but learned from them and grew out of them.

I've also known guys who were straight up idiots who never grew up and never learned a friggin' thing. Dumbasses like Greg Frye aren't unique. Some guys are just stupid.

Right now, I think Manziel falls under Option B. And from what I've seen of hi dad, he comes by it honest.

Posted

Heard on the AM dial this morning that the brokers were butt hurt when Johnny's Mom trademarked "Johnny Football" and Ebay purged everyone who had that in the description.

Question: Will be brokers be banned from NCAA campuses and events since they admit to paying athletes?

Posted

There's a difference between youthful indiscretion and utter stupidity.

I've known people who did dumb things when they were young, but learned from them and grew out of them.

I've also known guys who were straight up idiots who never grew up and never learned a friggin' thing. Dumbasses like Greg Frye aren't unique. Some guys are just stupid.

Right now, I think Manziel falls under Option B. And from what I've seen of hi dad, he comes by it honest.

so he suffers from utter stupidity? i haven't followed his story all that closely, but what exactly has he done to make you think that?

Posted

Making enough of an ass of himself that he was asked to leave Manning's Qb camp was a good start,

The latest stuff fits in as well.

I think he's an idiot.

Posted

What a joke.  Half a game suspension against Rice.  NCAA just lost the rest of their credibility.

Posted

They had some to lose???

Posted

If you are a UNC basketball fan - this ruiling has to make you feel a little bit better about the investigation surrounding PJ Hairston. 

Posted

Manziel breathing a huge sigh of relief right now.