Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Last team to go 0-3 and make the playoffs....

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm not worried about being out mathematically. 1-2 start is basically how most believed we would start. If we can beat the Giants, which is a BIG "IF", we will be in decent position to make a run.

What I'm worried about tho is this:

-Can Rivera make good calls consistently when the game is on the line?

-Will Shula/Rivera keep attacking when we get a 3/7 point lead?

(And no one believes the two above will happen)

-Can our receivers (not named Smitty, of course) get open?

-Can our secondary hold?

There are a lot of questions, we know that. But just because there are a lot of questions, doesn't mean that all the answers are NO. We will see.

Posted · Report post

Think about this for a minute.

The last time we didn't have a thread entitled "the last team to start _____ and make the playoffs" (either 0-2, 0-3, or 1-3) was in 2008. Five straight years of offseason excitement followed by a completely demoralizing start to the season. At a minimum, could this team just give us a decent start and enjoyable season of watching football games and then fugging blow it at the very end for a change?

At this point, I yearn for the agony of Delhomme's five interception game in 2008.

sheldon-throwing-papers-gif.gif

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Look to be a rebuiding team this season. We need it.

Sucks, but we resemble a Hurney team. Clean house

lol... We have been "rebuilding" since 2010.

I hate to break it to everyone but we aren't rebuilding....we are mismanaged and suck.

if our GM would have been on board, our HC been allowed to actually go hire an OC and we merely signed a handful of average players to upgrade some horrific holes....we would be legit.

Mismanaged.

Posted · Report post

lol... We have been "rebuilding" since 2010.

I hate to break it to everyone but we aren't rebuilding....we are mismanaged and suck.

if our GM would have been on board, our HC been allowed to actually go hire an OC and we merely signed a handful of average players to upgrade some horrific holes....we would be legit.

Mismanaged.

I disagree. I feel gettlemen was serverly handicapped by our cap situation and has done the best he could with it. He was forced to roll with Rivera, and i bet you Rivera was the one who wanted to have Shula at OC. Rivera doesnt have time for his players to learn a new offense. He wanted consistency.

I believe we are headed in the right direction. Gotta get rid of the mismanagement of Marty Hurney. Get Rivera Out, build around Cam

Gettle train baby. Choochoo

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

... I bet we lost that game in the final drive by Buffalo....

Posted · Report post

Chargers never did it under Norv?

Posted · Report post

Marv Levy isn't walking through the door

Posted · Report post

Carolina Browns

Posted · Report post

Big difference between us and the '98 Bills: The '98 Bills' last two seasons included a playoff appearance in 1996 and a 10-6 record followed by a 6-10 season where the Bills started TODD COLLINS in 1997.

Posted · Report post

they had the Panthers on their schedule, that usually helps

Posted · Report post

I'm taking the team approach an not thinking about playoffs or Superbowl and just focusing on each upcoming game for the week. Don't want to bring my hopes up for this team just because of Rivera's history here thus far.

Speaking of, I think FOX goofed because they are playing promos for this Giants game as the Bills still. So according to FOX we play the Bills again. At least that's how it is over in Charlotte on the FOX channel.

Posted · Report post

Hope. Change. Obama had that too ;) . Jesus those bills lost to the Ryan Leaf led Chargers.