Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

ARSEN

Iran is attacking Saudi refineries, expect gas and oil prices to go thru the roof

Major drone strikes.  Saudi Arabia cut oil production by 50%.  US and Europe are about to get hit hard.

Do not see how Iran will be able to get away with this.

Edited by ARSEN

3 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Major drone strikes.  Saudi Arabia cut oil production by 50%.  US and Europe are about to get hit hard.

I expect this to be little more than a blip on the oil markets.  The US is now one of the largest crude exporters in the world.  In June the US exported close to 3 1/2 million barrels of oil per day.  We import 1.1 million barrels per day from Saudi A.   And the world economy is getting ready to tank.  US supplies will be diverted to make up the difference if need be.  I don't expect crude prices will break $65 a bbl which would be about a 20% increase and that will be short term.

2 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

But do we deserve it?  Average joes it is?

Yes we do.  We put the fools in place who give blowjobs to the house of Saud.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Yes we do.  We put the fools in place who give blowjobs to the house of Saud.

But we been blowing them for decades.  Government got so good at it, they like it. :(

57 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

And your title of this thread is based on what sources?

Here is what I've found:

Mr. Pompeo didn’t explain how the U.S. believes Iran was to blame or where the strikes originated, but Iran-backed militias in Iraq have previously been responsible for targeting Saudi Arabia’s oil industry.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/saudi-arabia-shuts-down-about-half-its-oil-output-after-drone-strikes/ar-AAHh2yx

Based on this comment there is little/no evidence Iran is behind these attacks any more than they were responsible for the tanker attacks that much of the world including our European allies largely dismissed a few months ago.

Pompeo and the current US government have little to zero credibility on the world stage.  They are a bunch of warmongering opportunists, just like GWB and Dick Cheney who lied us into two disastrous wars. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

25 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

And your title of this thread is based on what sources?

Here is what I've found:

Based on this comment there is little/no evidence Iran is behind these attacks any more than they were responsible for the tanker attacks that much of the world including our European allies largely dismissed a few months ago.

Pompeo and the current US government have little to zero credibility on the world stage.  They are a bunch of warmongering opportunists, just like GWB and Dick Cheney who lied us into two disastrous wars. 

Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where attacking drones come from.  Same poo as “freedom fighters” in Eastern Ukraine aka fully equipped Russian military.  If you think Yemen rebels pulled advanced weaponry tech out of their ass, I got a news for you my man.

28 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where attacking drones come from.  Same poo as “freedom fighters” in Eastern Ukraine aka fully equipped Russian military.  If you think Yemen rebels pulled advanced weaponry tech out of their ass, I got a news for you my man.

This is the very same sort of attitude that got the US to illegally invade Iraq resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

You do know what has been going on in Yemen for the last several years? 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2019/03/103 

Saudi Arabia with the help of the United States has created the largest famine in modern history, maybe ever.  If the rebels that Saudi Arabia is trying to destroy in Yemen retaliated, who is really surprised?

Using your standards we might as well blame the US for the Apartheid killings in the Palestinian territories of Israel, the thousands of Iranian soldiers killed by chemical weapons during the Iran-Iraq war and the millions of people currently starving to death in Yemen.

I'm not opposed to doing that, but we need to be consistent as the "leader of the free world" rather than just cherry picking.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

This is the very same sort of attitude that got the US to illegally invade Iraq resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

You do know what has been going on in Yemen for the last several years? 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2019/03/103 

Saudi Arabia with the help of the United States has created the largest famine in modern history, maybe ever.  If the rebels that Saudi Arabia is trying to destroy in Yemen retaliated, who is really surprised?

Using your standards we might as well blame the US for the Apartheid killings in the Palestinian territories of Israel, the thousands of Iranian soldiers killed by chemical weapons during the Iran-Iraq war and the millions of people currently starving to death in Yemen.

I'm not opposed to doing that, but we need to be consistent as the "leader of the free world" rather than cherry picking.

It’s called a proxy war.  Rebels are being supported by Iran and government by Saudis.  Basically the complete opposite from Syria.  You can’t defend one without supporting the other.

41 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

It’s called a proxy war.  Rebels are being supported by Iran and government by Saudis.  Basically the complete opposite from Syria.  You can’t defend one without supporting the other.

No kidding. 

Who actually governs the state of Yemen has been in dispute for years now.

What isn't in dispute?

A bipartisan United States House and Senate earlier this year invoked the War Powers Act to stop US military involvement in the Yemen conflict.  https://www.vox.com/2019/4/4/18293954/war-powers-resolution-passes-congress-yemen-bds

If not for Donald Trump vetoing the resolution the United States wouldn't even be involved in creating a humanitarian crisis where 10 million Yemen civilians are on the verge of starvation.

Guess what?  If Trump wasn't backing Saudi's play in Yemen, none of what happened today happens.

The US was developing a useful counterbalance to Saudi Arabia by working out a nuclear agreement with Iran and our European allies. 

Trump by unilaterally withdrawing from the agreement (without justification) has found a way to make an already chaotic and dangerous region even more chaotic and dangerous.

What a fuging great negotiator.

• Pie 5

Bolton resigns over conflicts with trump. Three days later oil fields in Saudi are on fire. I know y’all are smarter then your petty egos.

Edited by Harbingers