Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sean Payton's Vicodin

This years Pats defense is one of the best ever

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

- Less than 7 ppg allowed

-18 ints to 1 td pass

-have allowed 3 tds on 91 drives

-dating back to the rams SB have allowed 30 points in their past 8 games (!!)

Yes they've faced trash teams they have destroyed those trash teams, which is what good defenses do. The 2000 ravens didnt play a murderers row either. Holy poo I am so jelly of NE.

Yeah best ever… Look at all the quality offenses that they’ve played... true powerhouses. I’d be more concerned if they played anyone that was actually any good. The only decent team they played so far was the Bills and they almost beat them. Imo the Panthers have a better win against Houston. 
 

look at the average ranks of the offenses we’ve played vs the patriots. I ain’t scared of the patriots. They’ve only played crap teams so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


they only get the benifit of the doubt because of their SB history

other than that, they hve played a bad big ben, 2 back ups,  a rookie and second year guys, if this was any other team people would say it like it is, they havent played anyone and we just don't know if theyre really good or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you guys are dumb. patriots would be 3-3-1 if their offense never took the field. thats fuging dominate defense and i dont care who you are. the GSOTT Rams played poo teams in 1999, a .400 opposing winning %. 2000 baltimore ravens only played 2 decent qbs the year but nobody cares about that. just like nobody will care when this pats team is on the top of every "greatest defense of all time" lists.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2000 ravens were in fact a poo defense because they played akili smith, tim couch, ryan leaf, kent graham, doug peterson, kerry collins etc

2000 ravens were in fact never good. i would take the current panthers over the 2000 ravens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A great D greatly aided by playing straight trash competition. Their always horrible division deserves a decent amount of credit for their dynasty.

God I wish we had a division that bad consistently for 20 years.

they have pretty much only had to go .500 outside of their division and they’re automatically in the playoffs.... sheesh

Edited by Doc Holiday
  • Milkshake 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

2000 ravens were in fact a poo defense because they played akili smith, tim couch, ryan leaf, kent graham, doug peterson, kerry collins etc

2000 ravens were in fact never good. i would take the current panthers over the 2000 ravens

Wut? 2015 maybe best all around defense we have had, this year reminds me of them a lot, better pass rush. Not as good at getting spots but also more turnovers so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weak sauce schedule or not, that team is Belichiks and he is a freaking master at what he does. Schemes, player control, system. Don't matter. He's also got the greates QB to play the game, although he's a whiny bitch, he's still a great system QB. 

 

That being said. fug the Pats. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Weak sauce schedule or not, that team is Belichiks and he is a freaking master at what he does. Schemes, player control, system. Don't matter. He's also got the greates QB to play the game, although he's a whiny bitch, he's still a great system QB. 

 

That being said. fug the Pats. 

Don’t know if you meant it that way or not, but you know every QB to ever play the game is a system qb, right? They all have a  offensive system they play in, the better offensive coordinators change that system to better fit the talents of they’re qb.

saying a qb isn’t good cause he is a system qb, is saying he isn’t as good as his stats because he has decent coaching. 
 

O_O

it just irks me every time I hear “System QB” I think it’s code for “I can’t put up a good argument for why he shouldn’t be seen for being as good as he is...”

Edited by Doc Holiday
  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

Don’t know if you meant it that way or not, but you know every QB to ever play the game is a system qb, right? They all have a  offensive system they play in, the better offensive coordinators change that system to better fit the talents of they’re qb.

saying a qb isn’t good cause he is a system qb, is saying he isn’t as good as his stats because he has decent coaching. 
 

O_O

it just irks me every time I hear “System QB” I think it’s code for “I can’t put up a good argument for why he shouldn’t be seen for being as good as he is...”

Well, to be fair, there's lot of different terms. "Andy Reid QB", for example, has generally been code for "will suck when playing for any other coach".

The complaint you have about the use of "system QB" is the same one I have regarding "game manager".

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

2000 ravens were in fact a poo defense because they played akili smith, tim couch, ryan leaf, kent graham, doug peterson, kerry collins etc

2000 ravens were in fact never good. i would take the current panthers over the 2000 ravens

chris rock wtf GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MVP of the mid-season is not CMC, Wilson, or Jackson..... its this Defense. 

Its like they are using real life cheat codes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trash schedule for sure but still, 18 INT's while allowing 1 passing TD is ridiculous by any standards.

And do you really wanna question Belichick's defensive acumen? Either way, we'll find out in the next several weeks with @ Ravens, @ Philly and @ Houston with home games vs. Dallas and Kansas City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 1:50 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Well, to be fair, there's lot of different terms. "Andy Reid QB", for example, has generally been code for "will suck when playing for any other coach".

The complaint you have about the use of "system QB" is the same one I have regarding "game manager".

I think there is something positive about the “game manager”, I see it more of “I don’t make dumb mistakes” usually play more conservative but rarely hurt you. and I’m good with that.

Norv Turner is an excellent QB coach and I honesty believe part of Kyle Allen’s success is due to having the best coaching situation he has been in since high school(yes you read that right). It’s part of the reason I’m very curious to see how this whole Situation plays out. Because I honestly believe Kyle Allen’s ceiling is a lot higher than your average undrafted quarterback. He just got thrown into a very shitty situation early in college and just never recovered. Now he has coaching stability from an all-time great offense a coordinator. 
 

whatever happens with the Panthers going forward is going to be truly fascinating stuff in regards to Allen and Cam. I love me some Cam, but for his entire career here there has always been questions about whether he is focused 100% of football or not. And his comments before going out for injury made me think that he’s trying to come to grips with that fact himself. 
 

I am in the I’d rather see Cam start come playoff time than Allen party, I believe Cam still has some ball left in him. Allen is a very good insurance policy though
 

 

Edited by Doc Holiday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...