Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

rayzor

If you were forced to choose between a fun, family-centric culture or a culture that shows a win at all costs mentality...

Win.  It's the whole purpose of the game.  Outscore your opponent.  But with the money involved, agendas have changed...

Win.

I have real family and friends for fun stuff. I don't need that from my sports team.

11 hours ago, Shufdog said:

I think keeping your nose clean and not being involved in controversy and crime should be a key factor in a normal functioning human being.

Sure that's the plan, but anything can happen in life. Let's say you're in the NFL and dating a woman who seems perfectly normal in every way, but she's hiding a secret. She is bi-polar, and one day out of the blue she stops taking her medication. Then she goes crazy and hits you in the head with her shoe, and then calls the cops on you. Now you're in deep poo and you didn't do anything wrong.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Okay. If that's the case, where the fug are those warm and fuzzy, family fans when this team loses? You must have been blind not to see the empty stadium the last few weeks. 

"Hey, honey, let's take the kids and go see the Panthers play this weekend. Oh, I know it's gonna cost us about $400, but hey, it's clean, wholesome football where players get concussed, knees get shredded, players curse along the sidelines and they'll get their asses handed to 'em, but what a great family day out, huh?"

GTFO. You win, fans will show.

You are so pissed lol. Very few people want to sit in an empty stadium. It's weird.

Edited by pantherj

I feel like the correct road is somewhere in the middle. Generally speaking most successful teams know how to strike that fine balance between the two. As much as I hate using them as an example, look at the Saints. Look at how much they have fun with things but at the same time they aren't afraid to be hard ass when the time calls for it. Hell even the Patriots can be a good example, you have your hard ass "Do your Job" mentality in Bill but at the same time you have had some of the goofy stuff from Tom and lord knows tons from Gronk when he was there. So overall the team needs to have fun and feel like family but they also need to know how to get serious do what is needed.

Well of course I want to win but not at all costs. I think that you can have a players coach that also inspires giving it all for the team and winning for each other.  If you are winning, aren't you having fun?  Because Belicheck is perceived as cold and calculating but wins,  there seems to be an illusory correlation suggesting that winning requires that type of attitude. I don't agree although I acknowledge for some guys it works well.

• Pie 1

On 1/3/2020 at 9:38 PM, pantherj said:

You are so pissed lol. Very few people want to sit in an empty stadium. It's weird.

Not pissed in the least. I was a charter PSL owner for 17 years and was lucky to sell and make a couple bucks in 2013. I'd only be pissed if I was still stuck with those PSLs.