Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

Newton can take an early physical for interested teams

Little off topic, but how did that guy get into broadcasting with those big ears. That’s all I see.

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cam, 7th pick and next years 1

This guy plays a lot of Madden. This is reality bro. That offer is not getting you Burrow not even close!

How do we know if the Bengals even value Cam Newton? You assuming they want a injury prone QB on the last year of his deal. It doesn't make sense for them to even want Cam.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Now Daniel Jeremiah is saying we are tracking the Burrow/Bengals situation...haha can we just get this over with? 

It would take a Godfather offer. Im talking 2 future 1st round picks + CMC and whatever you can get for Cam.

Anything less they will laugh and hang up.

This isn't a Newton thing this is normal nfl rules. It says so in the article.

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

According to the NFL, a team interested in trading for a player can give the player a physical, with the permission of his current team.

6 hours ago, Real1zOnly said:

Reasons why those teams would trade for Cam i'll wait...

Do you really need the obvious explained to you?

8 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Do you really need the obvious explained to you?

If it was that easy he would have been traded by now. I don't think you guys realize Cam is 31 coming off 2 major surgeries in the last year of his contract.

Given the QB's that are about to hit FA, im trying to figure out why teams would value a injury prone QB over the healthy QB's in FA?

People make it seem like we will have plenty of suitors for Cam Newton. I don't see it.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

If it was that easy he would have been traded by now. I don't think you guys realize Cam is 31 coming off 2 major surgeries in the last year of his contract.

Given the QB's that are about to hit FA, im trying to figure out why teams would value a injury prone QB over the healthy QB's in FA?

People make it seem like we will have plenty of suitors for Cam Newton. I don't see it.

Why would you?

We are about to find out if there are 10 teams that would trade for Cam like was posted on here recently.   Let's see how many inquire about giving him a physical and that may give us a clue what the market is for his services.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

We are about to find out if there are 10 teams that would trade for Cam like was posted on here recently.   Let's see how many inquire about giving him a physical and that may give us a clue what the market is for his services.

He will have very few suitors. I think Chicago is likely one of the few. Because of his health and contract he wont have a big market. Even if we trade him we aren't getting anything better than a 3rd round pick.

• Poo 1

15 hours ago, Oldmanrivera said:

And Greg Olsen is a much better TE than Cam is a QB.

lol wut

Olsen will likely end up in the HOF.

Will Cam?

Stop nut-hugging and think objectively now....

8 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Will Cam?

Does this even really matter?

Why are you pitting them against each other? Together they both flourished in their prime. It was a sight to behold. But everything changes.

Try not being just another run of the mill social media curmudgeon, you might actually enjoy life bub.

Edited by TheRed

17 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Will Cam?

Well Cam was an MVP of the NFL, Olsen wasn't. I'll post the same stat from yesterday.

Percentage of NFL MVP QB's that are current HOF(only includes HOF eligible players): 62%

I think Cam being a HOF player is largely going to depend on the length of his career. He is currently on track to post HOF caliber statistics and has that MVP on his resume. If he added an NFL title to that, I'd say it is pretty likely he is a HOF candidate. 

Also, the competition to get into the HOF at QB is pretty stiff. Not so much as a TE. That doesn't diminish the great career that Olsen has had, but it is the truth. 

Edited by kungfoodude

On 2/20/2020 at 8:15 AM, Anybodyhome said:

Will Cam?

lol how is that nut hugging?

the irony of you screaming for objectivity tho

Current Cam's rushing TDs are the ONLY thing that would get him in. Otherwise he'll miss the cut time and time again. So yes, he might get in. But after multiple years of eligibility I'd imagine.

31 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Current Cam's rushing TDs are the ONLY thing that would get him in. Otherwise he'll miss the cut time and time again. So yes, he might get in. But after multiple years of eligibility I'd imagine.

Why do you think Cam has such .. average .. passing stats?

Cam could throw the ball with the best of them .. the Rodgers, the Peyton's .. how though, with what he had to work with?

Rodgers, Peyton Manning, with the cast Cam has had on offense majority of career would be toast

People don't get it .. we're talking about some of the worst overall offenses in the NFL, the Panthers have fielded, since 2013 - the only thing keeping the offense bad enough to wreck the entire team, 3 wins, was Cam ..

Please.