Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Black americans voting in near record numbers

"By Tuesday, more than 601,000 Black Americans had voted early in Georgia compared with about 286,240 two weeks before the 2016 election. In Maryland, about 192,775 had voted compared with 18,430. And California had over 303,145 -- up from more than 106,360 two weeks before the election four years ago. That's according to Catalist, a data company that provides analytics to Democrats, academics and progressive advocacy organizations."

From CNN 

If those numbers are accurate it is very significant. Great to see.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

"By Tuesday, more than 601,000 Black Americans had voted early in Georgia compared with about 286,240 two weeks before the 2016 election. In Maryland, about 192,775 had voted compared with 18,430. And California had over 303,145 -- up from more than 106,360 two weeks before the election four years ago. That's according to Catalist, a data company that provides analytics to Democrats, academics and progressive advocacy organizations."

From CNN 

If those numbers are accurate it is very significant. Great to see.

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/GA.html Yes they are accurate as reported by the state. its actually 789,788 as of todays update.

We need the SC update that's been slow as fug but they are going to go over 90% of black mail in ballots returned when it does. They only need abut 40K to hit a perfect 100%.

MD and CA are not official facts as recorded by the state however but it makes sense.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

Oh, boy! Biden's screwed now!

i'd be careful about comparing early vote rates for obvious reasons. more people voting early due to corona doesn't necessarily mean the same ratio of people will vote on election day. they could just all be voting early with nobody left on nov 3rd

47 minutes ago, rodeo said:

i'd be careful about comparing early vote rates for obvious reasons. more people voting early due to corona doesn't necessarily mean the same ratio of people will vote on election day. they could just all be voting early with nobody left on nov 3rd

Or massive problems with lines on Election Day like I'm betting will happen in NYC and other big cities. 

Early vote comparison isn't important at all like you said. Early Vote Vs. Total 2016 turnout is much more telling. 

People storming the gates for Biden!!

Some states have already reached more than 60% of their 2016 voter turnout as of Wednesday, including Texas (80.2%), Montana (69.6%). Georgia (64.9%), North Carolina (65%), Tennessee (65%), New Mexico (60.9%), and Hawaii (60.2%).

Edited by stirs

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

I understand your point completely, however I do feel like this is going to be the largest voter turnout in history.  The percentages may not be the best of all time, but I think the numbers are going to be significant.

It's beautiful to see.

We're trying to get the orange racist out who thinks America should be "great again."

Happy Kamala Harris GIF by Joe Biden - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Captroop said:

Oh, boy! Biden's screwed now!

"Look at MY African-American over there!"

- Donald J. Trump aka Bunker Boy

Yet, in the back of my mind, I can't help but to believe there are a few southern states who will go about the business of disqualifying, throwing out, rejecting and losing a disproportionate number of mail-in and absentee ballots submitted by people of color.

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Yet, in the back of my mind, I can't help but to believe there are a few southern states who will go about the business of disqualifying, throwing out, rejecting and losing a disproportionate number of mail-in and absentee ballots submitted by people of color.

I'm afraid of this as well. Hopefully it doesn't come down to this and Trump is beaten handily.

Probably voting for Kanye amirite?

But seriously the black turnout was poor in 2016. This is good news.

1 hour ago, Cookie Lyon said:

"Look at MY African-American over there!"

- Donald J. Trump aka Bunker Boy

I like to think of him as Honest Abe II

• Beer 1