• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

THE CASE FOR DRAFTING HERBERT I MEAN LEVIS

pantherpain

While on YT watching film on all the qb's being discussed here I came across this

go to 39:15 mark.

That led me to go here. https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/charger-s-2017-draft-forum/748977-2020-nfl-draft-discussion/page7#post892712

That's when it got interesting, the similarities were astounding. 

Bryce Young / Tua was on their minds

Joe Burrow / CJ Stroud was out of reach they were picking 6th

Jordon Love / AR was moving up the boards trough media hype

Herbert / Levis was a hard pass, do not want

Some quotes from their board:

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post

You are going to hate the Herbert pick.

Some heads will explode here if they were to pick Herbert here!

Hebert is very comparable to Paxon Lynch and other similar QB's who have awesome physical skills, but lack consistent accuracy, and intangibles so they usually are drafted high and are big busts in NFL......

Love may be in similar category, but at least he interviews better than herbert..... unfortunately neither of them ever played against a good defense like both Burrow and Tua have.....

Liars month. Everyone relax. And prepare yourself emotionally for when they take Herbert.

Hebert has a canon for an arm But throws almost every pass like a straight bullet pass in madden football..... when Hebert has a wide open receiver, he still throws a bullet instead of throwing a touch pass that allows receiver to adjust to the ball...... either he hits them with a strike or misses them badly..... bullet passes are needed for some plays against certain coverages, but when defense play zone, Hebert will have to loft the ball over defenders into soft spots in zone....... he did not do that in his bowl games or senior bowl...... and played primarily against bad defenses.... and almost all his completions were to open first reads...... he was horrible when first reads were covered.....

Can someone tell me that Herbert is a lot better than Stick or Taylor ?

Nope.

I don't want Herbert...too flat footed in the pocket and not accurate enough. Didn't give a darn about his Senior Bowl performance.

Herbert on Proday Launching Flatfooted 64 yards... Remember Levis pro day same thing,

I dont want Herbert but damn if he aint got a cannon.

Then there was one post saying it was their best off-season with F.A. ,new coach, new uniforms.

Like I said a lot of similarities today. I like to gamble, the draft is a gamble.... I'll take Young or Levis.

Oh there's also this....