• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NHRA Winternationals THIS WEEKEND!!

hmsmike

NHRA kicks off their season this weekend at Ponoma!!! :D :driving:

Things to watch for...

• New title sponsor -- NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series

• New Crew Chief -- for the once unbeatable Tony Schumacher

• His former Chief -- With newly formed team with Larry Dixon at the wheel

• Ashley Force "Hood" --- She got Married (DAMN!! :mad:)

• Lastly my good friend Fast Jack Beckman -- Looking to keep the ball rolling after having a good season last year in Funny Car! :thumbsup:

Here is the Ponoma Race Preview Blurp...

Every February since 1961, fans have flocked to Southern California not just for the un-winterlike weather, but also for one of drag racing’s grandest traditions: the unveiling of new cars, drivers, teams, and sponsorships at the season opener. The Big Go West plays out at the fabled facility known for its outstanding traction, smooth surface, and potential for record *performances. Teams hope to use the opener as a springboard in their pursuit of a spot in the Countdown to 10 championship program.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who do we have to kill, I mean who lucked out with Ashley??

He's one of the guys on her crew.

Glad they finally got to finish the race. Took them until Tuesday.

There appears to be many changes in NHRA. The tight economy is evident here, too. Many teams reshuffled as far as personnel go. Some of the top drivers currently out with no sponsors, or no ride. There is a Sheik from Qatar as co-owner of one of the teams (Al-Anabi Racing). I usually go to Commerce, GA (Atlanta Dragway), but am not sure I will this year. I already pre-ordered my tix for the NHRA Nationals in Concord. Can't wait to re-visit that place.

He's one of the guys on her crew.

Glad they finally got to finish the race. Took them until Tuesday.

There appears to be many changes in NHRA. The tight economy is evident here, too. Many teams reshuffled as far as personnel go. Some of the top drivers currently out with no sponsors, or no ride. There is a Sheik from Qatar as co-owner of one of the teams (Al-Anabi Racing). I usually go to Commerce, GA (Atlanta Dragway), but am not sure I will this year. I already pre-ordered my tix for the NHRA Nationals in Concord. Can't wait to re-visit that place.

Yeah more than likely - I'll hit Atlanta again & possibly Bristol.

and of course Charlotte! ;)

Archived