• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#286 greghardy'sAK-47

greghardy'sAK-47

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

Incident has to factor in as well as all there other dealings with him....when considering if he is a safe enough guy to give a mega deal to.

Give a guy a mega deal....that doesn't make wise choices....and it hurts the franchise and your ability to win.

I like the Kraken. Best DE on our team. Potential to be on the league. Maybe Hardy made wise decisions that night and everything will resolve itself.

Getting arrested for domestic violence doesn't make you a woman beater. Cops haul people away from disputes. It happens. His 911 call sounds as if he handled a out of control chick the best he could. I got no beef with guns in homes....no matter the number.

if so, then i hope he gets convicted and the panthers have a way out of the tag.  if they try to play this against him he going to go where the money is.  he makes that clear all the time.  

#287 greghardy'sAK-47

greghardy'sAK-47

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

if so, then i hope he gets convicted and the panthers have a way out of the tag.  if they try to play this against him he going to go where the money is.  he makes that clear all the time.  

also, look who his agent is.  rosenhaus is an owner's worst nightmare.  

#288 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

Attached File  ImageUploadedByCarolinaHuddle1400177136.401039.jpg   200.16KB   2 downloads

Here are just a few of my collection, (and yes the SBR has a tax stamp). I have four children aged 9 to 19, and all of them know how to shoot. They were each taught at an early age, and all respect what a gun could do. I would feel safe leaving a pistol in the floor, and they wouldn't touch it, but would come and tell me. Most of the problems we have today are with people who look at guns through the filter of Call of Duty or other such games. The are desensitized to weapons, and weren't taught to respect them as the tools they are. As a life member of the NRA since I was 5, I feel the best way to prevent gun violence is education. I have no problem with GH owning as many guns as he wants, I would suggest a nice safe though.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Edited by Strawman, 15 May 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#289 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

There were no standing militias so that would not have made sense.

There was no standing US army until after the Civil War, and the States were forbidden from having standing armies in times of peace. The entire US military were State militias that were not professional soldiers. They were regular people who would volunteer during times of war.

The purpose of the second amendment was so States could raise a military to defend themselves from other States invading, or Indians, or if the federal government threatened a State's sovereignty through force for absolute rule. It was also included to quell fears that the federal government could try to disarm State militias through law.

So it was designed to ensure armies could be raised in timely fashion for State and national defense

It was not designed so that a bunch of guys at the local gun range could declare themselves a militia and be Constitutionally protected to shoot the President because they deemed him tyrannical.

Once the US adopted a standing US Army, including during times of peace, for all intents and purposes of the 2nd amendment became obsolete

Women were not allowed to be in militias/armies back then.

They were, however, allowed to own guns.

According to your twisted theory, this would have been impossible.

Maybe it was because women are part of THE PEOPLE.

#290 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

Breaking: Judge Becky Tin has modified Greg Hardy's bond, requiring him to turn over any or all of his weapons and firearms.

Joe Person

#291 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,954 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:46 PM

Women were not allowed to be in militias/armies back then.

They were, however, allowed to own guns.

According to your twisted theory, this would have been impossible.

Maybe it was because women are part of THE PEOPLE.

Their husbands and fathers were allowed to own guns.  Women didn't have property rights until much later

Edited by teeray, 15 May 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#292 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,826 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Their husbands and fathers were allowed to own guns. Women didn't have property rights until much later

Women can own property? I need to read the news more

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#293 mrmonkeypc

mrmonkeypc

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

public perception>facts.

j.r. is going to go batshit crazy. this is a HUGE black eye on the panthers. You think they are gonna lock him up long term now?

Don't think that JR is dumb enough to believe public hype and jump the gun, he will gather facts and make an informed decision. The more facts that come out the more it sounds like he did not beat her up but just the opposite. She flipped her poo, he wanted her out, she attacked him and she was subdued. He calls the cops because he wants her out and for the situation not to get any more out of hand. There were no guns seized, he was not taken to jail that night so obviously she was not battered when the cops arrived. Sounds to me he was dealing with a pissed off woman who is crying wolf.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#294 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,217 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

I'd have to go read but I don't think a misdemeanor will void a contract usually.

#295 greghardy'sAK-47

greghardy'sAK-47

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

I'd have to go read but I don't think a misdemeanor will void a contract usually.

probably right.  if so there would be teams all over trying to recoup money/cancel bad contracts for the least little incident. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com