• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Charlotte FC Games Thread

The season begins tomorrow at The Bank against NYCFC, kick off is at 7:30PM.

Dean Smith guided the boys through a successful preseason and he’s gotten a lot out of a team that on paper, looks subpar.

There’s been a lot of roster turnover but below is my best attempt at what our current roster looks like.

GK: Kristijan Kahlina, David Bingham, George Marks, Chituru Odunze

DEF: Adilson Malanda, Jere Uronen, Nathan Byrne, Jaylin Lindsey, Andrew Privett, Bill Poni Tuiloma, Hamady Diop, Jack Neeley, JahLane Forbes, João Pedro Reginaldo

MID: Ashley Westwood, Scott Arfield, Brecht Dejaegere, Brandt Bronico, Djibril Diani, Júnior Urso, Ben Bender, Brandon Cambridge, Nikola Petkovic, Brian Romero, Nicholas Scardina

FWD: Enzo Copetti, Kerwin Vargas, Patrick Agyemang, Nimfasha Berchimas, Tyger Smalls, Iúri Teixeira Tavares

Starting XI

GK: Kristijan Kahlina

RB: Nathan Byrne

RCB: Adilson Malanda

LCB: Andrew Privett

LB: Jere Uronen

LCM: Júnior Urso

CM: Ashley Westwood

RM: Brecht Dejaegere

LW: Iúri Teixeira Tavares

ST: Enzo Copetti

RW: Kerwin Vargas

SUBS: David Bingham, Jaylin Lindsey, Hamady Diop, JahLane Forbes, João Pedro Reginaldo, Scott Arfield, Nikola Petkovic, Nicholas Scardina, Nimfasha Berchimas

Great way to start the season and the Deano era! Kinda would like to see him switch Vargas and Tavares b/c Vargas was far more effective and dangerous on the left. Need Copetti or Westy to take pens. Still felt that nervousness in the last 10 minutes though

26 minutes ago, travisura said:

Copetti was a ghost for most of the second half. Seems the team was content conceding possession to NYC while 1-0 up. Shades of Simeone at Atlético Madrid.

Eh, there were some chances where the ball could’ve been passed to him but it wasn’t. Vargas got a little ball hoggy after he missed that PK when he should’ve given it up to someone else in the box

Possession wasn’t where it needed to be but the counter attack looked good and the defense was superb.

I do have my doubts about Copetti and I think we could use impact players at both wing positions as well as striker. The midfield is good enough that if we had impact players up top then we’d be in real good shape. I’d never say no to an impact CAM though.

Just now, toldozer said:

Where's big Pat? He was my favorite player last year and copetti ain't it. Good win though!

Injured but apparently Dean really likes him so he’ll get some run this year.

I believe Agyemang, Bronico, Bender, and Cambridge are all nursing injuries and Diani is having visa issues.

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Injured but apparently Dean really likes him so he’ll get some run this year.

I believe Agyemang, Bronico, Bender, and Cambridge are all nursing injuries and Diani is having visa issues.

Hope bender doesn't see the field unless he can get some boots that aren't made out or cement

14 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Hope bender doesn't see the field unless he can get some boots that aren't made out or cement

Think there’s a specific time and place for Bender to see the field. It’s when we are down by a goal or in a scoreless game with 20 or so minutes to go.

He doesn’t have the pace, physicality, or stamina to go 90 and his goal scoring ability is greatly diminished when he starts because he’s not playing against a tired opponent.

I could not stand Lattanzio but his use of Bender was spot on last year.