Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Saints top contender to field best defense in NFL this year!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

#1 – New Orleans Saints

Where the Seahawks mostly lost key names, the New Orleans Saints were busy adding more talent. In NFL free agency they may have nabbed the steal of the year when they got three-time Pro Bowl safety Jairus Byrd who was widely considered the best overall player available. On top of that they got future Hall of Fame corner Champ Bailey and then added the lengthy 6’3″ corner Stanley Jean-Baptiste in the draft. Their defense, which ranked 4th last year, is deeper and more talented than before. If things progress as they could, New Orleans may field not only the best offense but the best defense in the NFL this season.

http://nflmocks.com/...s-best-defense/

Add to that the possibility to field best offense with addition of Cooks and it's looking great for Saints.

#2 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Speaking of Cooks...

Cooks is a guy that can not only help the Saints stretch the field, but he’s another huge weapon on third downs and in the red zone. To put this fast and quick of a slot receiver type in with Drew Brees is almost unfair, and I think the Saints made the right call with this one.

http://nflmocks.com/...orleans-saints/

#3 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

The contrast between team and their 1st round pic is amusing. A top college receiver may be amazing because of what a QB like Brees can do with his accuracy. In contrast, a top receiver in college may make the offense that was worst than 85% of the league closer to respectable because he can overcome his QB accuracy issues.

#4 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

36 year old Champ Bailey is going to help the Saints field the #1 defense in the NFL?

You may want to talk to some Broncos fans who have actually seen him play the last few years.

#5 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,638 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

I think the most annoying thing about you Alice is how you put exclamation points in your thread titles. I can picture you speed clapping and squealing like a girl while you type.

#6 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Oh no, looks like the Saints are the paper champs, better just hang the helmets this season! Isn't this what they were saying last year? Pat it's kind of hard to talk poo when you're looking up.

#7 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

I can picture you speed clapping and squealing like a girl while you type.

While wearing an authentic hot pink Louis Vuitton belt.

#8 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

36 year old Champ Bailey is going to help the Saints field the #1 defense in the NFL?

You may want to talk to some Broncos fans who have actually seen him play the last few years.

Bailey is likely CB #3 and doesn't need to make an impact for Saints defense to thrive. That said he was my post about Champ. It's been 1 injured season where he played below average. Top 10% year before and many years prior

Huddle logic:

-Stevie Johnson had 3 good years prior to last years bad year. He'd be a great sigining!

http://www.carolinah...out-to-get-cut/

-Champ Bailey was graded in top 10% or higher of all CBs all the 3 years prior to last years average season due to his injury. He's washed up garbage!

#9 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,995 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

#10 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

Oh no, looks like the Saints are the paper champs, better just hang the helmets this season! Isn't this what they were saying last year? Pat it's kind of hard to talk poo when you're looking up.

In 8 qtrs of football Saints won 41-30. Saints 1-1.in postseason, Panthers 0-1. Looking up?

#11 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Bailey is likely CB #3 and doesn't need to make an impact for Saints defense to thrive. That said he was my post about Champ. It's been 1 injured season where he played below average. Top 10% year before and many years prior

He's 36.

#12 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

In 8 qtrs of football Saints won 41-30. Saints 1-1.in postseason, Panthers 0-1. Looking up?

Panthers 12-4, NFCS champs.
Saints 11-5, wild card.

Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise. Don't make me quote Bill Parcells.

#13 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,995 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

everybody is the best in July...

#14 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Panthers 12-4, NFCS champs.
Saints 11-5, wild card.

Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise. Don't make me quote Bill Parcells.

Keep forgetting that a Panther fans are happy just to win 8+ games in regular season. Fans of the better teams are about postseason and a chance at SB. Panther fans are hoping for a second 8+ win season...Saints fans could care less about regular season record, we want another SB.

Edited by Big A, 30 June 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#15 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,267 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

"Fans of the better teams". Lmfao.

You and the rest of your shithole fan base weren't even Saints fans before 2006,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.