41 replies to this topic

#1 Jmac

Jmac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Just a little tidbit untill camp starts. Elliot Harrison (could be the janitor at the studio for all I know about him), so he ranks them as such... (just the notable ones)....
1 bill belichick
8 JOHN FOX (harhar)
13 Bruce Arians
14 lovie smith
16 Rex Ryan
So some more crap to throw against the wall...Fox was handed a talented team so that makes up for anything he does and can still win with Peyton...Rex Ryan is as funny as hell but he hasn't done anything in years...the rest may be a wash...
The article has no real basis for the rankings just his opinions. Just like Henny youngman said"can't get no respect" (or was that Rodney Dangerfield)? Before you all bow up and say "R.R. only won one year" which is true and probably deserves the rating. Maybe...maybe not.

Edited by Jmac, 14 July 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,815 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Lol k

#3 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Link please.

#4 Gay Cowboy

Gay Cowboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Lovie Smith is so fuging overrated. His defense went to poo after he fired Ron. Then he was subsequently fired. Meanwhile, Ron went to San Diego & built a #1 defense, then came to Carolina & helped McDermott build a #2 defense while winning NFL Coach of the Year.

I'm sick of hearing how great Lovie is & how he's gonna make Tampa this juggernaut & they'll make the playoffs while possibly winning the division. I guarantee Ron is tired of hearing it, too.

Ron's gonna ride into town week 1 & beat that ass. He'll shut that hype train down right fast.

#5 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,792 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Take my wife.....please. H.Youngman

#6 Jmac

Jmac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

NFL head coach power rankings/nfl.Com
You will have to do the legwork and go to the site... lucky my phone even let's me post let alone link.

Edited by Jmac, 14 July 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Turns around teams season, actually modifies his coaching tactics, leads team to playoffs as #2 seed, and wins COY.... still ranked in the bottom half of the league.

Seems fair.

#8 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,121 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

This season will give us a better idea. If he backs up last years 12-4 with a 9-7 to 11-5 season this year then he is a badass.

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

#9 Brothergrim427

Brothergrim427

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Lovie Smith is so fuging overrated. His defense went to poo after he fired Ron. Then he was subsequently fired. Meanwhile, Ron went to San Diego & built a #1 defense, then came to Carolina & helped McDermott build a #2 defense while winning NFL Coach of the Year.

I'm sick of hearing how great Lovie is & how he's gonna make Tampa this juggernaut & they'll make the playoffs while possibly winning the division. I guarantee Ron is tired of hearing it, too.

Ron's gonna ride into town week 1 & beat that ass. He'll shut that hype train down right fast.

I'm so excited to see the leagues paper champs get burned and deflated week one so once again we can show those arrogant Tampon bay fans they should fear Carolina

#10 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

You could obviously argue that he should be higher, but Rivera still has plenty to prove as a head coach.

When we started off 0-2 last year a number of fans were already looking for a new guy.

Edited by TheRed, 14 July 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#11 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

Thats fair but John Fox is too high.

#12 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,792 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Thats fair but John Fox is too high.

5 winning seasons out of 12....8 if you count 8-8s...tis laughable to be so high...

#13 Gay Cowboy

Gay Cowboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

You could obviously argue that he should be higher, but Rivera still has plenty to prove as a head coach.

When we started off 0-2 last year a number of fans were already looking for a new guy.

There were morons on here who wanted him fired & Newton traded before week 1 of 2011.

#14 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

I'm riding with the gay cowboy on this.

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,121 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

I think what makes Rivera unique is he is a "players coach" that also is highly respected. That is a difficult thing to pull off. A lot of the time a players coach will end up fired because the inmates run the asylum. I think the fact that Ron played in the league is a big reason why guys enjoy playing for him but at the same time respect his authority as HC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.