Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Rape Culture"

93 posts in this topic

Posted

Back on topic....

I think one large reason for so many sexual assaults and sexual crime in particular is how we are a puritan society and have made the thought of sex so taboo.   So in a way, religion could be a negative factor here too.

Just think about TV.  They can show decapitations, gun fights, death, war, etc. with no impunity.

If they try to show a boob or anything like that, or a specific curse word, it's a no-no.

So we have people so full of violence because they are exposed to it and think it's normal (most don't act on it obviously) and those who think sex is so taboo and a weird thing which manifests weird thoughts and actions in brains (obviously not everyone acts or develops this).   It's one of the most natural things but we act like we are ashamed of it.  it really breeds things like this.  I think this is why more "open" cultures like maybe France and whatnot have less sexual crimes than we do. 

There are a lot of other factors I'm sure, but this has to be a big one.

If you're talking about sheer exposure to nether regions...sure. 

But if you have small kids, you try sitting and watching any primetime sitcom at 8pm.  Even the ones I love are riddled with innuendo that any young teen is going to pick up on and be curious about.  It's in the face all the time in entertainment so I don't really know what you're expecting besides just a relaxed view towards a mild nudist showing in commercials and broadcast tv. 

As for other countries go, which ones are you talking about.  I can point to some countries that have extremely high incidents of sexual attacks and have no real qualms about expressing their sexuality on tv, in communities, etc. 

Posted

religion is intertwined with the patriarchy, providing a theological justification for dumb bio-truthy poo like "men are to protect and provide" and "women are to bear children and lend support." men are individuals and women are property, which coincidentally explains the knee-jerk reactions and victim-blaming responses to rape.

2 people like this

Posted

Its interesting. When a woman is raped her character goes on trial. The same thing happens when a black male is murdered. Ahh. The perks of being a 2nd class citizen.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted

Its interesting. When a woman is raped her character goes on trial. The same thing happens when a black male is murdered. Ahh. The perks of being a 2nd class citizen.

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

that's just a typical defense strategy....put the victim on trail so it makes the defendant look innocent, or at least put the doubt that the victim could have deserved it....always attack the crediblity of the person...

it pretty much happens in most murder trials, to all races and genders...hell on dateline the other night it was a trail of a white dude that killed another white dude, the victim was put on trail by the defense attorney...

Posted

Still amused at how "rape culture" may not be a thing...

I mean is it? Is rape really an expected norm within certain sects of peoples in our society? Personally when I see this "rape culture" terminology that is being used, I view it as an attempt to further divide and alienate the public from itself. The media likes to use every avenue possible to get the public fighting amongst each other; we see it on a regular basis. I mean look at all this Ferguson stuff that is going down. A human being gets shot and killed by a police officer, the media spins it into a race issue, and next thing you know everyone follows the narrative and the bickering and finger pointing begins.

It's disgusting how the media conditions people to react to certain situations.

Posted

rape: another false flag

1 person likes this

Posted

rape: another false flag

Hahaha

On a serious note, you have to at least agree that one of the media's prime objectives is to get the population at ends with each other.

Posted

Hahaha

On a serious note, you have to at least agree that one of the media's prime objectives is to get the population at ends with each other.

or maybe they're extravagantly reporting on issues that are given their inflammatory nature by people already at odds with each other.

Posted

or maybe they're extravagantly reporting on issues that are given their inflammatory nature by people already at odds with each other.

Nope, divide and conquer is the plan. The establishment has been priming us for civil unrest for years now. I mean look at the militarization of police. Those who run this country would love to see all hell break loose.