• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoungPanthers89

Hall to IR, Southward to active roster

We now have 11 DBs on the active roster. Most ever that I can remember.

20 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Am I in the minority here or does Hurney pull the IR trigger way faster than Gettleman did?

Hurney pulls it faster than anyone

wait, so we are rostering coleman, adams, jones, byrd, cox, and southward? That seems like a lot.

Cox reminds me of Mike Minter a little. Southward sparked a little in the offseason. I wouldn't mind seeing if either of them are legitimate.

I'd rather see Jones released, and have Hall recover  vs going on IR, I don't think there were any serious reports regarding  injury. 

Southward showed promises during pre-season and the safety help is in more dire need. 

Good news is that Butler or KK can slide outside and take some of Halls’ rep 

45 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Am I in the minority here or does Hurney pull the IR trigger way faster than Gettleman did?

1 minute ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Good news is that Butler or KK can slide outside and take some of Halls’ rep

What reps? He has been inactive 3 out of 4 games and played 9 total snaps.

Just now, Bartin said:

This. I think this was more about giving Hall a de facto redshirt season than it was about a true season ending injury. I just don't think the staff felt that he'd be ready to contribute significantly this season. A little concerning about a 3rd round pick, but hopefully it's just that we're confident in our DE depth. Hope it doesn't bite us in the ass.

4 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Lol you know sanjay lives in a fantasy world full of two TE sets and chris manhertz

I forgot Hall was even a draft pick TBH. We're pretty solid at that spot at the moment, though, so not really a loss right now.

I really wasn't expecting much from Hall this season anyway. I don't know who would have with realistic expectations.

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

wait, so we are rostering coleman, adams, jones, byrd, cox, and southward? That seems like a lot.

Cox reminds me of Mike Minter a little. Southward sparked a little in the offseason. I wouldn't mind seeing if either of them are legitimate.

Yes we have 6 safeties on the roster--ridiculous. 

Hall was only going to play if we tanked the season.  The front office must think we've got a pretty good team to make this move.  I doubt Southward will ever be active, but it does free up a practice squad spot to bring someone in to learn.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rahamjango7

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts