SJTG4

Pretty interesting article.. Worley seems unhappy. Rivera comments.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article183929531.html

Worley expressed frustration with being in a rotation on Friday, ahead of Carolina’s Monday Night Football matchup against the Miami Dolphins.

“I don’t know how to put it into words. It’s frustrating, to say the least,” he said. “At the corner – we play a corner position where obviously you don’t want to be in a rotation because as an NFL corner, you want to be able to get in some type of groove, some type of rhythm.

“I mean, if you give up a catch or two, that doesn’t define who you are.”

Worley on seeing less snaps than Seymour last week....

Worley said he asked defensive backs coach Curtis Fuller and defensive coordinator Steve Wilks “for answers,” but that they simply have told him it was a rotation and nothing further.

“It’s the same old thing every week. We rotate, and then when we get to Sunday it’s kind of a toss-up,” he said. “Whoever makes the calls around here, whoever makes that call whichever one of us should be in the game, I guess they make it on Sundays. I don’t know who makes that call.”

Worley apparently has talked to the coaches about this...

Because you have to keep these egos in check,” he said. “There are a lot of young men that are used to – a lot of these young guys, and when I say ‘young’ I’m talking about these first-, second- and third-year players – that come from being stars to now you’re a part of a team. There are very few guys that are separate from anybody else on the 53-man roster.

“You have a specific role, and if you’re not sure about what that specific role is, please come see me. I’ll be happy to explain.”

Rivera's response...

Wow marvelous reporting by Jourdan getting both sides of the story for this story Worley seems really unhappy. Shouldn't be though its the NFL kid you just don't have it right now

• Pie 5

Just now, nosuchthingasapanther said:

“I mean, if you give up a catch or two, that doesn’t define who you are.”

as a cornerback, yes the fug it does.

Thing is, it's not just 1 or 2 catches. QBs have been specifically picking on him. That's why he lost the starting job.

• Pie 4

Just now, KillerKat said:

Thing is, it's not just 1 or 2 catches. QBs have been specifically picking on him. That's why he lost the starting job.

i know that, and you know that....worley apparently doesn't.

well Daryl I'll shoot straight with you buddy

You're not very good.

You spend the whole week working as the starter, you start, then the other team targets you the entire first drive as they easily move down the field and score points. Then the coaches realize the mistake they made again and put other guys in.

• Pie 1

He gone... no need for someone to start messing with the chemistry especially the Defense which is grooving right now.

• Pie 2

Seymour has been way better than Worley so he gets more playing time. Seems pretty damn simple to me and eveyone else watching. 

• Pie 1